Wednesday, August 4, 2010

When it rains, it dumps buckets on my head and throws in a few spoonfuls of cow manure for good measure


This is the part of my life I call "Waiting to get hit by lightning" since that's the only thing that hasn't happened to me yet.


I'm back from my month long vacation.


In the 1 week that I've been home:


*My hard drive crashed and I lost every picture, memory, and project including all new born pictures of Sophia.
*My hospital bill arrived - how in the world does it cost $26,000 to have a child?
*My windshield cracked from top to bottom due to the extreme Las Vegas heat.
*My phone broke, the touchscreen doesn't recognize touch.
*I have to get a root canal and a crown.
*The brake lights just went out in my car
*I just tried to download the pictures from my trip (all 693 of them) and burn them unto a CD and somehow I managed to corrupt the memory card and lost everything.
Tomorrow I fully expect my roof to cave in and my bathtub to crash through the ceiling.
Then maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get a couple of flat tires and maybe hit a pole or something.
At least I have my health right?
Oh yeah, root canal...
I dare you to beat my week.
No, seriously. Please, I would love to hear if anyone is having a worse week than that so maybe I could stop feeling sorry for myself.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh, boo! I at least hope they can recover your pictures.

tiffany said...

that sucks im so sorry you can read about my horrable week at tiffslifeasweknowit.blogspot.com it is the second & third post down from the top

Barbaloot said...

I'm so sorry! I wish I were technologically minded and could at least find your pictures for you! Or knew how to fix a windshield.

Um, the boy I had a crush on is interested in my cousin. Does that make your week a little better?

tiffany said...

and my good bye condo post on my privat blog

rychelle said...

i managed to rip my big toe nail off. does that help?

and, i have the pictures i took of sophia! can we get together sometime soon? (i will buy you something shiny. or dinner) ;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'm sorry about your tough week. I had a hard time deciding what to wear this morning. Does that help you feel any better? :)

Eliza said...

Glad to see you updated. You really are having more than your share of bad luck. Sorry.

I have a constant pain in my side. Like an arm or leg is lodged into my ribs. It feels like I have a broken rib. At least that went away for you, right?

Maybe you should watch Mary Poppins and have a spoon full of sugar!

Quists said...

I have NO sympathy for you... NONE, NONE, NONE about the root canal. Do you REMEMBER my mouth issues and my surgery pictures? Oh yeah... did I mention pregnancy and nursing causes my bone density to weaken and lose bone mass in my jaw and I just had a bone graft oh and I still don't have 2 teeth put back in, so I look like I'm from the south? You lucky girl to HAVE a tooth to have a root canal and crown put on. :) Okay, I DO agree that all the other things stink really badly. You DO win. Except for the root canal. :)