This weekend My honey was able to check off 3 things on his "Honey do" list and I appropriately was able to supervise all the hard work.
Starting with my new china hutch.
I've wanted one for a while now and off and on go on craigslist to see what I can find. I went on the other day and found the cutest white hutch for $50, but the guy never called me back and I'm definitely the type of person to not wait for anyone. So I moved on to the next one.
I found this one for $20.

Kind of ghetto, but for $20 my honey said he could fix it up.
I was slightly apprehensive, but I figured we weren't out too much money if it looked dumb when he finished.
I forgot to take pictures while he was fixing it up, but he had to sand it and stain it and replace the missing glass pane on the left side.
Here's a dark picture (taken with my phone because my camera is out of batteries) of the final result.

Looks good huh?
I'm now convinced that I can take junk furnishings and refurbish them and make lots and lots of money reselling everything.
And by me, I mean my honey can refurbish and I can be his business manager.
Next check on the list was replacing my cracked windshield. Remember how it cracked a few weeks ago when I went through my week from Hades?
Sorry no picture for you, but every time I get in my car I start singing, "I can see clearly now the crack is gone..."
And the third check on the list was fixing the radiator on his truck. He's mostly done with that, so I'll consider it checked even though technically the truck doesn't work any better now than it did before.
The fact that he spent 4 hours working on it counts for something I guess.
He's not the only one who worked hard on Saturday.
I was able to shampoo my carpet without actually using any shampoo. So technically it was a nice rinse, but it had almost the same effect.
AND... Back to school haircuts!
(Sorry, my phone takes dark pictures)
I trimmed up Sophie's buzz cut since she's an adorable baldy. And kind of looks like the exorsist.

And AJ got a nice cut. I figured I'd cut it a week before school starts just in case I did a horrible job I could give it a little time to grow.

Did you have a productive weekend?



7 comments:
Your hutch looks great. I'm impressed!
Sara, buying stuff from Craigs list and then selling it again after it is fixed sounds like a great business plan. Plus, couldn't Alber deliver the goods as well?
I need my carpets cleaned too.
That is awesome for $20!!
I was super productive...I slept in, ate a lot, swam, slept some more. I had to milk my last days of vacation before real life:)
The China hutch is great! I can't begin to understand how people fix those things up...I'm very impressed.
Wow...that is great. When can you get one for me? Oh....I would need it all redone and everything.
China hutch looks amazing! My husband doesn't support me buying stuff from craigslist just because i never get to fixing it, and he won't either. But if he was half as handy as Alber, I bet I would be online looking for stuff all the time!
I found a car seat and crib on the street yesterday with signs that said, "free". I thought of taking them, cleaning them up and selling them. Maybe I should go see if they're still there!
Post a Comment