Friday, August 27, 2010

Death of a hoarder

After reading this...(Caution, reading the following news article may cause you to throw up a bit in your mouth) I've decided to throw away everything in my house except for my bed and the kitchen table.

Coroner confirms human remains are of missing woman By Kristy Jourdan

LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL


The Clark County coroner's office has identified the human remains found Wednesday at the home of a missing woman as Billie Jean James.

James, 67, had been missing since April 22.

A compulsive hoarder, James was discovered under a pile of clutter in her own home by her husband, Bill James.




I have a few follow up questions for the reporter.

Why did the coroner identify the "remains" as opposed to the husband?

How could he not notice the smell of his decomposing wife in his own house?

Will they be having a garage sale?

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This is so sad.

Anonymous said...

gross. That's all I'm going to say.

rychelle said...

isn't that the craziest story?!?

did you see the little girl they interviewed on the news? she's their neighbor, and claimed to be the dead lady's bff. the whole sitch is just so wierd!

Eliza said...

Have you ever seen the show on TLC. They have some crazy hoarders on there. It makes me sick. Its not just a stash of stuff it is just disgusting piles of garbage. Yuck. I feel sorry for that woman. Did she die of suffication?