Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My suMmeR VacAshun

Let the long photo posts begin.


Starting with AJ, Sophia, and me, at my parents house. Since we got there before my sisters and their kids I got to entertain a 7 year old and take care of a 1 month old. And do absolutely nothing else. It was heaven. I even went days at a time without showering. That was the best of times.


We didn't have a swing for Sophia at first so my dad rigged something up in the tree.


This is also is ideal if the baby is crying as you can go inside and barely hear anything!



For the 4th of July we went to a park in St. Paul.


Grandma and Sophia: she had the magic touch with her and Sophia loved it when Grandma would hold her.




AJ got to go on a pony ride.




And pretend to drive a tractor.






The boy scouts built this bridge that AJ was sure he would just run across. However, once he got up there he ate a slice of humble pie almost fell a couple of times.



Then he had the awesome experience of going to the Mall of America with no other kids to play with or go on the rides with. Woohoo!


Yes, he's sitting next to an old man on this bus. Why there was an old man riding by himself on the kiddie ride??? I don't think I want to know.


The lego store. I made him pose for this picture as he was so much more interested in the rides then playing with legos. He spent around 30 seconds here.

He wanted to go on the bumper cars more than anything and then mostly got stuck in a corner and didn't really bump anything other than the wall.

This is my absolute favorite of the day. I love this expression. It says, "My mom is too cheap to actually let me play this game, so instead she makes me pretend to play and pose for a picture so I'll have evidence of my happy childhood."



Don't worry, more to come.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Who doesn't love bumper cars?

Barbaloot said...

So much to say in just one expression---I would be too cheap to play that thing, too:)

Quists said...

Oh Sara, how I love you. I am so so sooooo bummed I didn't see you when you were here. First of all, our trip to Utah overlapped with your trip here. Secondly, we got sick, and I DOUBTED you wanted us around your newborn. Thirdly, I didn't see your comment in time, at least I don't think I did. You should have called MY dad's house nerd. But, still . . . maybe next time. And there better be a next time.