
It was my 1 year anniversary yesterday. I wanted to make the day extra special for my honey so I got up at 5:30 to get started on the day's preparations. And by that I mean I couldn't sleep anymore since I spent the entire night tossing and turning while throwing up and trying to keep my body temperature below 100 degrees.
I felt horrible! Mostly I would throw up because there was so much phlegm in my throat that it would make me gag and then all the gagging made me toss my cookies.
You really wanted to know that didn't you?
The urgent care office opened at 8:00 so I woke up my honey at 7:00 because I wanted to make sure I was the first one there. We got there at 7:45 and I made him get out and stand by the door and I joined him a few minutes later.
I conjured up my best "Thank you for being so wonderful" face. I knew it wasn't a full smile, but I was certain that my lips made some kind of upward movement.
Then I caught a glimpse of myself in the door and I looked something like this.

Wouldn't you be reassured?
Needless to say, we were first in the door, but apparently we weren't first because this lady started yelling at me as I wrote my name down and told me that she was first because they'd been waiting since 7:30. Sorry chica, the line's at the door, not in your car.
She then proceeded to scratch my name off the top of the list and was yelled at by the workers and almost got escorted out by the security guard.
Awesome.
So I was called first (take that!) and the doctor saw me for about 90 seconds and came back with the diagnosis.
Tonsillitis
Um, doc? Don't you need to have tonsils in order to have tonsillitis? Mine were removed when I was but a wee thing.
I spent the rest of the day in my bed sweating bullets, moaning, coughing, gagging, eating Popsicles, and sleeping.
How romantic.
Happy Anniversary Honey!



10 comments:
So what was is then?
Feel better!
SOOOOOOOO sorry that you were sick on your anniversary! I really hope my kids didn't give it to you.
I hope you're feeling better!
Uh, that comment was from me (Eliza). I'm logged into Russell's account so I can print coupons, and I guess that means his google account too!
Yea, not so romantic. Sorry, I hope you feel better soon so you can really celebrate!
I'm justbsorry I missed the almost fight at quick care. I love me a good brawl.
Get better soon! Do you need me to bring you anything?
Wow---what faith that inspires in the General Care system!
Sorry you're feeling yucky.
awwww... I hope you are feeling better. And happy 1 year anniversary.
Boo! Sorry you're not feeling well. What a sick joke! (tonsillitis in a tonsil-less chica).
I thought for sure you were going to announce something much bigger associated with popsicles, throwing up and sleeping. :)
Sorry your sick...and Eliza I am glad that you clarified who Russell was because I was thinking...is that Russell, he does have a soft spot but I would have never imagined it would come out in this blog like that?
Anyway Sara I am hope that you feel better and if you think that the Quick Care is crazy try the ER when I was there a naked man came falling out of the bathroom and I mean naked pants around his ankles and not shirt or the man rolling around on the floor screaming in pain because his ear hurts....that is where some of the real crazy people go.
I can feel your pain only because I had tonsillitis last month. Someone by the name of Kent has cronic strep throat and likes to share with others! Get well soon:)
Post a Comment