Well, I didn't think this week could get any better than the almost fight at Urgent Care, but I was oh so wrong!
Before I share the next exciting event of the week I would like to publicly announce my appreciation for tender mercies. Such as, I'm very grateful that I was sick earlier in the week and mostly feeling better by Wednesday.
That was a very good thing because if I had been sick later in the week; then driving my honey to the Emergency Room at 12:30 in the morning would've been very annoying. Since I was feeling better, I actually enjoyed spending 4 hours in the ER in the middle of the night with nothing to do and another 4 hours checked in to the hospital, and then leaving my honey doped up on morphine and snoring away, to go take a shower and go in to work on 2 hours of sleep.
Yep, a regular day at the beach for me.
In fact, I enjoyed it so much I'm thinking of volunteering my services as an official ER escort. Instead of an ambulance, you can call me, I'll pick you up, drive you to the hospital, most likely park at the wrong building, make you walk to the correct ER while in enormous amounts of pain, fill out all your paperwork, and hold the little plastic container for you while you fill it with the contents of your stomach, which will not of course cause me to gag and almost loose it and have to be asked by the nurse to step in the hallway.
Seriously I would be so good! I really think I could make a career out of this.
On a side note, in case you were wondering, my honey is fine. The doctors decided that since you don't really need your appendix... and it was causing him an enormous amount of pain... they'd just take it out. Go figure! Those doctors are so smart. Too bad they don't have a good solution for those hard ER chairs. My coccyx smiled with delight when it was presented with a mesh, almost-leans-back chair in the patient rooms.
Once again, tender mercies.
And I'm Back!
15 years ago


9 comments:
oh, sara, i'm so sorry to hear this. i'm glad alber is ok. please let me know if there's anything i can do.
Sara, this suck!
And I had my appendix out when I was 8!
Lame!
No valet parking at the emergency room: one of the biggest oversights ever.
"Morphine!?! That's what they gave to the guy on 'Saving Private Ryan' right before he died!" :)
Ugh! Hospitals just suck the life out of you and then when you get the bill they suck your bank account dry too.
Glad Alber is home and ok now.
I'm glad he is ok. I'm jealous you got to go eat with my hubby.
Oh man! I hope he's feeling better and is home now. That sucks!
OH my goodness Sara! I know I'm supposed to write how bad I feel for you... and I WILL in a minute... but you crack me up kid! I haven't been good about catching up with blogs lately... and I have totally waited too long. Only you would be able to write something that would make me laugh/cry when it is supposed to be a horrible story. Okay, with that said, I really am sorry for the yucky experience and all that it included. I am glad that your hubbie is on the up and up.
Ha Ha, I can't believe you somehow made Alber's horrible experience about you. You two are too cute together!
May you both be healthy for the rest of the summer!
Post a Comment