Ok, I finally had to upload our pictures since we're going camping this weekend and I wanted to clear the memory card.
So here it is, the much anticipated evidence of our trip.
(Don't try to pretend you weren't checking my blog daily to see if I had updated yet. I know everyone is dying to live vicariously through me. At least that's what complete strangers come up and tell me all the time!)
We started out Sat. morning in the heart of Santee Alley.
Of course we needed to fuel up for the day.

(I think I mentioned previously something about the enormous amounts of fast food consumed in one weekend.)
We went shopping, and shopping and shopping. Then we dropped off our bags in the car and went shopping some more.
Our spoils.
Don't be fooled by the black un-marked bags. That's what Neiman Marcus and Louis Vuitton are using these days. One hates to walk around boastful of where they shop so we requested the black bags.
But by far the highlight of the day was finding a fabric store that sold everything in the whole place for $2 a POUND. As in, they put it on a scale and almost gave it away. Do you have any idea how light fabric is? Do you have any idea how a lot of it can actually weigh quite a bit.
Here's what I found and I'll definitely be going back!
We stayed with my honey's Aunts and cousins.
(I'm the white girl on the end who stands about 3 feet taller then everyone else!)
On Sunday we went to Olvera Street and wandered around the shops.
Imagine my surprise when we completely just ran into Pancho Villa. Seriously what a treat! I asked for his autograph, but he wouldn't have anything to do with this gringa. So we had to sneak up on him and capture this picture.
Oh yeah, and I just think we look cute so I threw this one in for good measure.
Now don't you feel like you were right there with us? Wasn't that a good trip?
Who wants to go next time?
PS. The answer to the previous post is C. It appears that you all know me quite well, although I'm a little appalled that no one thought I would do a good dead and actually try to help the guy. I guess that says something about me... I just can't figure out what.



8 comments:
Oh-that last picture is cute. Glad you included it:)
Looks like a fun trip. And who knew Pancho was such a stickler for pictures?
Frankly, after reading this post, I never have to go to California again!
When I was opening your page I thought... I sure hope she updated! To my delight you had! Great pictures, ummm but I'm not sure about Alber's shorts...
i want to go to cali (they call it that, too) with you next time! pick me! pick me!
AND
i can't believe you're going camping without me this weekend....
Hey girl! You are too cute! I loved your comment about being the white girl on the end standing 3 feet taller than everyone else! HA HA! And, no... we don't usually go and do big extravagant trips each anniversary... but believe-you-me... I haven't been blogging about "how fun it's been here" for a reason! It was either a get-away for us, or Cody checking me into an insane assylum. :) Thankfully my mom is on a new drug to help with her constant state of aggitation and need to be moved every minute when she's awake (she doesn't walk anymore... so it's a process). So, it IS getting easier slowly. Of course... it's hot and summertime and I am pregnant. Not a good combo. Now that I have written a novel I'm wondering why I didn't just email you. :) SORRY! I hope you have fun this weekend... happy anniversary to YOU!
I love camping! I love Pancho Villa! I love cheap fabric! Yay!
Ha ha ha.... you crack me me up gringa! I'm glad you had fun!
I want to see what's in the bags. Tell me you got something more that just fabric?
Ya'll are precious, always. It's kinda annoying..Good thing I like you!
Post a Comment