I'm very sad to report that after 4 months, my dear Fiona has passed on to a better place. I know she's very happy wherever she is because she was a very sweet spirit and very deserving of all the best. I also know that she is happy to no longer be around Shreck who, despite being a turtle, has displayed pig-like qualities and eaten all her food and starved her. I first noticed something was wrong Sunday night when she was just stuck under her floating log with all her legs sticking out... not moving. (That was my first hint that something was amiss)
So we laid her to rest.
That means I made my honey grab a net and get her out and dispose of the remains.
I couldn't watch.
I may have even made little shrieking noises and hid in the staircase.
Maybe.
Yes I realize that it shouldn't be hard to keep alive a turtle. They have pretty basic necessities.
Food.
Water.
Repeat.
I probably should have worked on that first step a little harder.
And people think I should go ahead and procreate?
By people, I'm referring to my mom who sent me a mother's day card and said she wasn't pressuring me, but wanted to send me something too. Apparently she's never seen any of those "blank inside" cards.
Anyways... Rest In Peace Fiona.
(she's the one on the left)




7 comments:
Oh no! I am so sorry for you loss. Are you going to have a turtle funeral?
I'm impressed with your deductive logic and how you determined that your poor Fiona had passed.
oh im so sorry fiona died my heart is breaking for you
stupid shrek eating her food how rude
So sad.
I could bring Gus Gus over and he'll show Shrek a thing or two.
Love the post. Sorry about Fiona. Good luck with the baby pressure.
so sad....condolances
Sorry for your loss, I'm sure Hallmark makes a card for this situation. Maybe even one with sound. Speaking of which, has your mom ever entered Hallmark? I'm sure she could have found just the right card for you in their, all my other kids have procreated and given me grandchildren,what's wrong with you section. =)
Post a Comment