Friday, March 6, 2009

An unblog about my dad.

I'm just writing to tell you I'm not going to blog today.


My sinuses are stuffed with stuff they shouldn't be stuffed with.


I have nothing intelligent to say.


I can't think of any smart remarks.





Instead I'll post a picture for you.


I pick this one.





Meet my dad Steve.





This is a typical expression for him.


This is his, "what do you think you're doing?" face.

He's wearing the bear suspenders I bought him in Big Bear Lake.

He always wears suspenders.





Growing up, people I had never met would tell me, "Isn't your dad the one who always wears suspenders?"





I often mention my mom while blogging and I think my Dad feels a little left out.





Because the other day he called me and said he felt left out.





Well actually his exact words were, "I read your blog too, and mountains are found out west." He was referring to this post where I talked about some beans that fell off a chip and ended up in a very uncomfortable place.





Ewe, Dad! You read that!





I didn't think he read any of my posts because he's not super technologically advanced.

He just found out that his cell phone has the time on it.



But he's still totally my hero.

One time he took a whack at his knee with a chainsaw (an accident I assume) and then drove himself to the hospital.

In a stick shift car.

Now that takes talent.

So much talent that he would totally win if he ever did that on "America's Got Talent".

Now don't you wish he were your dad too?

Sorry, he's taken... But he might be accepting applications for grand kids. In which case, I could adopt you if you wanted to have him as a grandpa.

But I can't guarantee it would be as cool as having him for a dad.

Alright, I'm done "not blogging" today.

Have a splendid weekend.

9 comments:

rychelle said...

i'll bring the adoption papers with me tomorrow!

mommmy.

:)

Kristina P. said...

I didn't blog today either. Great not blogging post!!

I am LoW said...

Aw, my dad is super awesome too!!

But he's known for plaid shirts instead of suspenders. :-)

Barbaloot said...

Oh-that chain saw story hurt me!! He sounds like a great dad---and kind of like mine in the technological department. I'd take him as a grandpa---I no longer have any and am definitely in the market for a new one.

Eliza said...

Super funny!

I'm glad that he's my Dad too and since I've already produced grandchildren I know he loves me more.

Coleman Express said...

I like that blog...I don't know any comebacks but he is a great day and we all love him.

tiffany said...

oh i hope you getr feeling better and your dad is awsome

Barrie said...

Very fun unblog! I'm waving at your dad so he'll stop feeling left out. :)

Anonymous said...

Just so you know...Grandparent's are WAY cooler! loL!

I love how you didn't want to blog but still wrote a way funny blog post!