Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Celebrating Patrick




I forgot to wear green.




LAMO




I didn't pinch or kiss anyone... well does my honey count? I was hoping for a nice stranger smooch, but no one was so obliging.


Why does Patrick matter so much anyway?



And was he really a Saint?



Don't worry, I'm not a total Scrooge.



I made homemade "stick-to-your-ribs" Irish dumpling soup.



It tasted suspiciously like mom's dumpling soup and she didn't used to call it Irish.



I think the green peas made it Irish... maybe the potatoes, but they came from Idaho.



When is the last time you made homemade dumpling soup?



That's what I thought so Ha!


Yum!







I found the recipe here.

I was so inspired and in a cooking mood, I made this too.

I'm calling it Irish bread.

It's actually just regular bread.

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone.

5 comments:

Quists said...

Oh, you little domestic homemaker you! I'm so proud of you. I haven't cooked in weeks! I went from not having morning sickness (finally) for a week... and then BAM! It came back like an unsuspecting mosquito who sucks your blood and leaves you itchy! (What?!). Anyways, now I'm at the point that NO food sounds good, but I heard it's good to eat if you're pregnant. So, this morning, for breakfast, I made Thai food... swimming Rama. Chicken in a peanut sauce over steamed spinach. Yep, for breakfast. I should have taken a picture for you to prove that I was domestic too. :) Okay, seriously... I didn't even know it was St. Patrick's Day yesterday... how'd I miss that? I'm pretty sure my face was green all day though. Oh, and I'm pathetic. I keep checking your coupon blog to see if you've caved and shared with me (yet) about how to do it. :) All right, enough of a novel. I hope you and your new white shirt are doing well!

Kristina P. said...

My mom used to make chicken and dumplings and I loved it so much!!

Amy said...

I just like the color green, I'm down with wearing it any day. People wear too much black and white. Bust out the color!

I want some of that soup, por favor.

rychelle said...

Um. I guess my invitation to dinner must have gotten lost in the mail ........

Eliza said...

YUM! Your bread looks scruptious! What a lucky hubby and squater.

And the next holiday is Easter, so bust out those bunny ears now.