Friday, March 20, 2009

Awareness for everyone




I saw this magnet on the back of a truck the other day and instantly had 2 thoughts simultaneously (that takes talent).



Thought #1 Man there sure are a lot of different little magnet bumper ribbons for different causes

(am I the only one who thinks that?)

Thought #2 What the heck is Amish Awareness?

Thought #2 actually made me do a double take and I realized it didn't actually say Amish Awareness, but Autistic Awareness.


But that got me thinking...Why don't we promote Amish Awareness?


Don't they need as much awareness as the autistic?



Of course their stickers couldn't be magnetic since it wouldn't stick to the back of a horse and buggy, but that can be remidied by some nice glue made out of a good ol'e fashioned manure/spit mixture


So here's my post dedicated to Amish Awareness and all the great things the Amish can offer.


(I'm hoping to start a movement here)


The Amish have shown us that tennis shoes and dresses will always be in style.


Shoes and seat belts for children is an unnecessary luxury.




However the newest version of the I-Phone is an absolute MUST!




Zero emissions not only is possible, but they've been doing it for centuries.


Stop filling landfills with disposable razors, keep your chin warm with natures warmer.




Martha Stewart aint got nothin' on these quilts.



And the most interesting item I found while researching my Awareness for Amish is that there aren't any autistic Amish (According to this article I just read)


Something about them not vaccinating...


So no need for the Autism Awareness stickers on their buggies.


One of life's little ironies I suppose.

7 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Wait...they drive buggied but have phones? That doesn't quick fit... I think promoting Menonite awareness is also important.

Amy said...

Um...ok...this blog was random.

Want to know what I think when I see those magnets on cars? "I bet they'll be sorry when they pull that magnet off and it's scraped their paint or the sun has changed the color so it's permanently on there".

Not that I don't support our troops and breast cancer research, and all that, but why the magnet? Proof?

Happy Friday! I'm so glad yesterday was a great day for you and was really expecting to see a blog about Target...'sup with that?

Kristina P. said...

I always thought that Mormons were Amish.

Oh, wait. I'm Mormon.

Eliza said...

Yes, there are definately too many causes out there.

Love the Amish. I saw a show on Primetime that was about Amish teenagers going through their "right of passage" thing. They got to spend 24 hours in the REAL world and then decide what life they wanted.

It was like AMISH GONE WILD!

rychelle said...

they do make nice quilts!

did you ever see that movie with harrison ford, about an amish trial?

Something Marvellous said...

I had to look at that ribbon twice too, to read what it actually said. Love that picture in the cell phone store. hehe.

nevadanista said...

Hahahaha! I saw the same Autism awareness sticker/magnet the other day too.

This is a new 'awareness' since the Seinfeld awareness episode was made :D