I have a favorite white shirt. I bought it around 3 years ago and it's just perfect. Fits me well, really comfortable, you know, the one shirt you always reach for when nothing else feels right because it always fits perfect.
My shirt isn't quite as brilliant as it was in it's early days. You might even say it's yellowed slightly (despite only washing it with whites...) So the last time I washed it I added a little bit of bleach. In hindsight, it was probably too much bleach for an old shirt, but I added bleach nonetheless.
Which brings me to this morning. Your average Monday.
So I was doing some training at work this morning in my favorite white shirt. Standing in front of a group of employees, in my element so to speak.
I got back to my desk all proud of myself.
Yeah, way to go me.
I totally rocked that.
As I went to pat myself on the back (yes, that's ok to do sometimes when you're as awesome at your job as me) I noticed a refreshing breeze.
Wow, I don't remember this sleeve being so loose before...
I looked down and the entire bottom of my sleeve (where the seam is) had ripped from the cuff to the armpit.
Nice.
I just stood in front of a group of employees and who knows for how long I've been exposing my underarm.
As I examined it closer, the front of my shirt next to the pocket ripped.
Great! So I'm sitting at my desk and my clothes are shredding off my body.
Typical Monday stuff.
How's your day going?
PS. I went out and bought a new shirt. It ripped more as I was taking it off so I just had to wear my new shirt out of the dressing room and rip off the tag.
Here's my shirt. Be happy I didn't take this picture with me in the shirt.



9 comments:
Oh no! That's horrible. I think I've had a shirt do something similar.
There's nothing worse that losing a favorite shirt. Unless it's a favorite pair of pants. I feel your pain.
Sad day
oh im so sorry that has happend to me with pants
and my monday stared off confussing then i think i made my mom mad then it got not so confussing but mom may still be mad all about my wedding
if you need a shopping buddy, to help you find some new favorite shirts, i volunteer! :)
I've had that happen too! I was so bummed. It happened in high school. My shirt just started falling apart before my eyes. How awful!
Good thing your underarms are so sexy.
Oh no that is awful! It's not like something you can easily repair, either. I hope you find a shirt just as comfy!
Post a Comment