Monday, January 19, 2009

Why Capricorns will some day rule the world.

Ok, so actually the title is just to grab your attention and I don't talk about that at all. Sorry to be misleading, but since you're already here... by all means, read on.

I haven't been posting or commenting for a while for two reasons.
1 - I've been sick. Not sick of blogging, oh gosh no, that would never happen. I mean, the real, yucky, only wanna lay in bed watching romantic comedies kind of sick.

My other reason.

2 - It was my birthday. And on my birthday I get to do whatever I want. I usually do anything I want, but on my birthday I get to say "it's my birthday" as an excuse to everything.
Some people claim they don't like their birthdays, but I don't buy it for one second. Who wouldn't like their birthday. If you leave me a comment and say that you truly don't like your birthday because it shows you're getting older I'll be forced to believe you're lying to me and will never trust you again. With that said I compiled a list of why birthdays are great.

Why I love my birthday:
1. Calories don't count the entire week before and after. Come to think of it, I never count them anyway so I guess it's not any different.
2. People give me stuff. It doesn't matter who or what, but it's something I didn't pay for so I love it!
3. I feel slightly like Leonardo Dicaprio and shout "I'm the queen of the world" in the shower. That's how I get started in the birthday mood.
4. Being older just means I'm one year closer to being a onry old lady and can yell at people with it being culturally acceptable.
5. I look good no matter what I'm wearing. It's true, I even tried to look ugly once and I just couldn't, it's a gift!
6. People aren't allowed to think or say bad things about me.
7. I can cut off people in traffic.
8. I can wink at strangers and it has no consequence.
9. People say, "happy birthday" (usually after I've reminded them the importance of the day, but it still counts)

That's enough I think. Who says lists always have to have 10? Probably Letterman, but only because his lists aren't as fulfilling as mine. Quality not quanity people!

With that being said, I can safely say, I'm back.
Did I miss anything?

9 comments:

Amy said...

I hope you had a fabulous birthday! I have missed you!

Kristina P. said...

Happy belated birthday!

And I make my husband celebrate the whole month of May for my birthday.

Barbaloot said...

Okay-I was about to say I truly did not like my birthday, but that was before I realized calories the week before and after don't count. Are you kidding me?! 24 years I've been jipped--but I'm looking forward to number 25.

Habs said...

Lists do not have to have be in numbers of 3, 5, 10, etc. I appreciate you for recognizing this fact.

You wink at strangers? I should try that sometime. Perhaps on my birthday.

Alyson | New England Living said...

I love my birthday too! It's totally "coolness"!

Happy birthday! And sorry you've been sick. You're all better now, right?

Eliza said...

I fixed my post, so now you can link your birthday list.

I'm glad you're feeling better too!

I'm excited that you have a home computer. Now you can blog all the time!

My Diary said...

happy birthday, I have missed you so welcome back.

Tiffany said...

Oh, Favorite Sara! I've always loved my birthday but now I have nine more reasons to do so! Thank you for being my favorite Sara.

nevadanista said...

Glad your back - and it's true about capricorns ;-)