I now officially have a birthday tradition. It's something we did last year and we followed it up again last night, so it's become a tradition. It takes only repeating an action twice to be considered a tradition in my mind.
It's called Hush Puppy
For anyone not living in Sin City those words may mean nothing other than maybe some comfy shoes(I feel so bad for you), but for you locals those 2 words mean only one miraculous thing: All you can eat crab legs on Monday nights.
Did you hear that?
All you can eat crab legs on Monday nights.
(For the hard of hearing)
This isn't just a restaurant. It's not a simple dinner.
This is a dining experience!
It begins with the Russian hostess, who we like to call Lycra Lady.
Lycra Lady likes to dress in none other than... LYCRA! (We know that to be true since my mom was brave enough to pat her on the shoulder as we walked past) I thought that she wore it special for my birthday last year, but this year brought an equally pleasing treat for the eyes and it really does make the experience so much more complete.
I'm not sure how many she has, but I'm pretty sure she must get these outfits from the Zumanity costume designers because I'm am clueless as to where else they would sell one piece leotard/body suits and still make them so stylish.
If anyone knows where I can find one of these, please let me know. I must begin to wear them immediately.
The only problem with these suits is the lack of pockets (obviously). Lycra Lady solved this problem by placing her cell phone where any of the rest of us would...
in her cleavage!!!
This made our wait even more enjoyable as her chest would light up like a beacon occasionally making it that much easier to find her among the many Lycra laden guests.
The next part of the experience is actually a test of bravery and resistance.
You see, they bring out some all you can eat hush puppies to start and then they invite you to take a plate and gander through the all you can eat salad bar - but that's for the weak and inexperienced. Us regulars know, that these are just decoys to try to fill your stomach before the juicy crustaceans arrive.
We were not even tempted.
(Well maybe like 2, but that's it, and no salad bar. This is no time to be health conscience.)
Here we are waiting for those delectible little creatures.
Me and my father figure.
And the moment we've been waiting for.
Heaven on earth.
(Or in the sea, or whatever)
We were again graced this year by the same waitress. She also is quite stylish. Her hair style should be on Shear Genius. The bow is beautiful! Like a cherry on a big puffy bouffant (Seriously, same bow as last year, I swear!).
Last year she was very crabby (and not in the yummy way). She would actually glare at us when we asked for more crab (this is all you can eat people!)
This year we found her oh so much more pleasant which I accredit to some much needed anger management training.
Doesn't she just look friendly?
And this is what the dining experience ends with.
You're all invited for next year!
PS. If you don't like seafood, I am so so sorry for you. I have no words. I don't know how you live.




9 comments:
I am so buying you a lycra suit for your birthday. Thanks for letting us be a part of your birthday tradition. We love crab!
This place looks trashy! So basically, awesome.
It's becoming a race to see if I can comment before Eliza. Anyway. I absolutely LOVE Hush Puppy and it's one of the few things I miss about Vegas. You...Hush Puppy...Schucks...that's pretty much it. So true about the lycra lady, the day we went for work, it was leopard print lyrca...now that's something!
I love seafood but I don't like to work to get to my food. Crab=work. Regardless, count me in for next year!
As a friend I'm telling you now I will disown you if you wear a lycra jumpsuit on any day but Halloween.
Love you!
Happy happy birthday!!! It looks almost as fun as Chuckie-Cheese's but not quite...
Looks like you had fun. You need to come out here and visit. Have you ever had crab cakes? They're known for them out here. Come visit us next year for your birthday and we'll get you all that you want. Happy Birthday on Friday!
Am I really invited for next year? Cuz if so, I'm fully there.
Happy birthday
I wonder if that was you I saw giving yourself gout last year at the Mandalay Bay buffet...they've got some enormous crab legs there!!! Some people didn't eat anything else from what I could tell. Happy birthday :)
Post a Comment