At the risk of sounding repetitive I felt the need to once again blog about my sleeping habits.
You see, the other night, as I was putting my honey to bed I realized that although the age may be different, putting him to bed is very similar to putting a baby to bed.
You see, the other night, as I was putting my honey to bed I realized that although the age may be different, putting him to bed is very similar to putting a baby to bed.
You know how when you rock a baby to sleep and then go to put him down, there's that moment of alarm when the baby almost wakes up so you put your hand on his chest to calm him down and make him think that you haven't just abandoned him... (That was a really long sentence and I'm not quite sure how to punctuate. I think it was a question. )
I've come to the conclusion that it's the same with my honey.
Come on!
Does she even look the least bit comfortable? He looks like he's chaining her to the ground. I don't know anyone who can sleep with someone "nose-breathing" directly into their ear.
I'd really like to sleep like this.
Not that I don't like him or anything, I just like my space.
This is just how I "Put him to sleep" But I can't sleep like this.
You'll notice her ear is directly over his heart. A heartbeat is just as annoying as breathing in my ear.
Once his breathing has slowed slightly and he's almost to dreamland, I gently wiggle out of that position and assume something more like this.
The foot thing is like a security blanket. If it's not there, he'll wake up (just like babies do - only not crying) and inevitably,
this will happen...
No one really likes that right?







9 comments:
That is so funny. I am the same way. Hey thanks for coming and seeing my new site.
I am not as nice as you. I let him cuddle then say ok I am done and he falls off me and I get my sleep the way I like, with space and actual sleeping.
I laughed out loud at this post. My kids asked whats so funny and I had no reply,they need not know my sleeping habits.
I completely agree with that first sleeping picture. When it's time to go to sleep, there is no touching!
Are you sure he doesn't wake up crying?
And do you ever watch Friends? (or I guess, DID you ever). Ross has a move where you give them a quick squeeze and slowly roll away. Try it.
When sleeping... DON'T TOUCH ME!!!
We are the opposite in so many ways! Todd has to spoon with me until I fall asleep. Then he gets too hot and rolls away from me and we're like the middle picture. Of course...Tiki is always snuggled up by my tummy.
haha!!
I like the touching!! Thankfully my guy does too.
I feel your pain! I have multiple sleeping issues as well, but my husband doesn't like to sleep like yours anymore. When we were first married we had a full size bed for the first five years. We're both tall, so we had to turn in unison and spoon sleep most of the time. The day we got a queen was the last day we ever slept on each other. I'm with you! It's no fun to have a heartbeat or breathing in your ear. And the putting your husband to bed like a baby made me laugh :D
verifier: chinon
We (I) totally sleep like the blue picture. Except by morning we usually have a kid (or two) in the middle. UGH!
This is hilarious.
My husband and I don't even share BLANKETS. We each have our own set, sleep back to back, and "No Touching" is as firm a rule during sleep time as it is on the show "Arrested Development."
Try the no-sharing of blankets. It's glorious.
Post a Comment