Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Who's the favorite now?

My sisters and I have always been pretty competitive, especially when it comes down to being Mom and Dad's favorite daughter. Most people erroneously assume that as the youngest child, I would automatically be considered the favorite and consequently the most spoiled, but that's just not true.


My oldest sister Eliza has always been the favorite.

(My parents vehemently deny this... I've always wanted to use vehemently in a sentence)

Take into consideration this conversation that happened in the car when I was around 15 and I still remember VERBATIM.

Mom: Where would you girls like to go eat?
Me: Ooo, lets go to Hardees.
silence
Me: I want to go to Hardees.
silence
Mom: Eliza?
silence
Me: I like Hardees.
Eliza: I don't care.
Me: Can we go to Hardees?
Mom: Didn't you want to try Wendy's Eliza?
Eliza: Yeah that's fine.

We went to Wendy's.

Eliza was also the first to procreate so she automatically gets bonus points for that. She has 4 kids now and I'm pretty sure she gets extra points for each child.

I'm not jealous or anything, I've pretty much accepted my lot in life.

No hard feelings at all.

Dear Eliza,

Do you like my new amber earrings Mom gave me for Christmas? (I already checked them for Mosquito and Dinosaur DNA)




What was that? She didn't get you any earrings?

Oh, um, well....that's awkward.
Nice cookbook.
Love,
Sara

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Haha! You guys are hilarious.

Eliza said...

WHAT??? I totally DON'T like Wendy's! I don't remember that conversation at all!

You earings are great. Are you sure they were meant for you? Maybe you switched the tag. Cookbook=you, Beautiful earings=me(the favorite)!

Barrie said...

I think the first child is always the favorite. Well, yes, now that you ask....I am the first child! (Disclaimer to my own four children: Of course, I don't have favorites!)

Barbaloot said...

Ooh--pretty earrings!

I'm with you on the favorite child thing. Being the youngest and only girl should solidfy my status right? But no. It's the boy that became a Dr. like his dad. Or the other one that needed a kidney transplant. Big deal. I'm the only female!!

Habs said...

It's true. Eliza is the favorite. I've seen how your parents flaunt over her.

Nice earrings. I would have checked for Dinosaur DNA as well.

Anonymous said...

Hey. You have to admit that the origami kit and nail painting kits were pretty cool.

Amy said...

Dude....DUH. Eliza gave your parents adorable grandkids. You can't compete with that. DUH.

Nicnel said...

Yeah, I could see me and my sister having this battle on a regular basis if it wasn't for one little thing...younger brothers! Okay, make that two. Just be grateful you didn't have any of those to compete with!