Monday, January 26, 2009

What's in your wallet?

Say hello to my purse.

Isn't she lovely?




She doesn't look huge, but she sure can pack a lot in her.





Lately I've felt that my purse has gotten really heavy.



(It could be the atrophy of my arm muscles that I never rarely use.)



I decided to take inventory of all the inhabitants of my beautiful arm accessory and find out what exactly is weighing me down.

Here are the contents.



Itemized list. I'm putting an asterisk by all things I deem a necessity.
*Checkbook
Tithing Slips
*Kleenex
2 slips of paper listing the bills I need to pay
*Wallet

*Cell Phone
Random key chain given to me for buying ice cream during a grand opening
Stick of gum wrapper
2008 Calendar
*Bag of liquids including 5 different lip glosses and 3 different lotions
(I keep it in the bag to make it more convenient while traveling)
*2 emery boards
*Sunglasses

*Stamps
*2 packs of gum
(one is the kind I share, and the other is just for me)
*2 Tide to go pens (Must have 2 - what if one goes dry?)
A quarter - That belongs in my wallet. Slippery little guy must have snuck out.
*2 bobby pins
*1 key for the church building
*Set of all other keys
*tape measure
(It's come in handy a few times, that has to stay)
phone charger my mom left at my house and I've been trying to give back
2 needle nosed pliers I forgot to take out after a YW activity. (No they were not used to inflict pain on the YW, but maybe in the future)
*1 empty pill container (I've been meaning to re-fill that baby for months)
*1 fortune from a cookie ("Others take notice of your radiance. Share your happiness." - What the hey, I'll keep it)
*Camera (I must be able to take blog pictures at all times)
book mark (not sure where that came from)
*6 peppermint candies
1 swatch of wedding fabric (Totally forgot that was in there)
*10 pens (I probably don't need all 10, but...I can't bear to part with any)
18 old receipts (The oldest one dating 2/29/08)



Please tell me I'm not the only one carrying around a year old receipt! Plus, those needle nosed pliers could always come in handy.... What if it's on a bingo game at a baby shower.

I'm clueless as to how it's gotten so heavy. Maybe clearing out those receipts will help.

7 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I'm totally with you on the multiple pens. I love all of them---and they all must remain in my purse.

I don't have any old receipts, but I did find an old tithing slip in the scriptures the other day. So old, that it was the horizontal kind, not the vertical kind. Remember those? The date space even says 19___. Awesome.

Amy said...

Considering I never go a year with the same purse, mine gets cleared out every time I change it.

I'm surprised you haven't gotten Alber's stuff in there yet. Todd always pulls the "put this in your purse" thing and then never takes his stuff out!

Kristina P. said...

That's a lot of stuff! I change out my purses daily to match my outfit. I don't need a lot with me, but each purse has acquired quite a bit of trash and junk in them.

Eliza said...

Just wait until you have to carry around a diaper bag. You'll have even more "necessities" that will weigh you down.

April said...

Wow... wow. I throw away reciepts every chance I get. Unless it's over like $500 bucks I don't keep anything lol!

I also think it's funny that you find keeping 2 bobby pins more important than a book mark... totally my priorities too!

Barrie said...

Oh, I could clean out my purse weekly and it'd still be a mess. Obviously stuff hops in there and procreates. It's the only explanation.

My Diary said...

I dont carry a purse, just a wallet. Am I not a woman, what is my problem. I do love your cute white bag. I wonder how long it will stay white.