Monday, April 13, 2009

Isn't it ironic?

You know that the universe is playing an evil trick on you when you look forward to the weekend and not having to work FOR TWO WHOLE DAYS, and then by some evil twist of fate feel a little tickle in your throat Friday afternoon which turns into a full fledge sore throat complete with coughing, stuffed sinuses, fever, sweating, chills, achy body, and all out miserable-ness by Friday evening and causes you to be bed ridden all day Saturday and generally have a terrible weekend only to wake up Monday morning feeling well enough to go to work again.

(I think that's the longest sentence I've ever written)

Why didn't Alanis Morisette sing about that?

PS. I've turned the comments off mostly because I don't think the post merits any - but also because I don't want you to feel obligated to wish me well. I'd prefer to remain sick enough so I could at least call in sick one day! There's no use getting horribly sick if you can't get out of work for it.