Friday, April 10, 2009

I'll Face Your Book

Over the past 2 years I've had several friends send me a friend invite for facebook.

No really, my first invite was 2 years ago.

So a couple of weeks ago I finally joined facebook. (That poor girl who waited 2 years for me to add her!)

I joined it because someone said that I could see their pictures.

Then it wouldn't let me see the pictures unless I had an account. GHETTO!

I created an account. And promptly forgot the password. I wanted to make my password "facebook" (easy to remember) and it wouldn't let me because it said I had to have something less obvious. How do they know what I put? I thought it was a secret! Psha!

After I made my account, I instantly had like 5 different people "invite me to be their friend". (How did they find me!!!!)

I thought we already were friends. I guess it's always been one of those fake friendships. You know, like when they're kind to your face and then behind your back all they talk about is how you still aren't their friend on facebook and that means they don't truly care about you. Then they have a change of heart and "invite you" to a long lasting virtual friendship.

Then I had an idea. If all it takes is me to invite someone to be my friend and we instantly become friends, I could really take advantage of this.
Except I don't really know the best way to "find" people.

If anyone knows how I can find the real
Barak Obama
Carrie Underwood
Nicole Kidman
Thomas Monson
Donald Trump

PLEASE let me know!!!

I'm planning on inviting them to be my friends. I'm sure all this time, they've only been waiting for my invitation.

PS. I did not write this post to subconsciously ask you to send me a facebook invite. I really don't know how it works and if you send me an invite, I'll accept and then most likely never look at your page, or wall, or profile, or whatever so don't count on me to be one of those kinds of friends. (I say that with all the love and respect you deserve and a great big virtual hug)

PPS. I don't Twit either. Or tweet, or twilt, or tweeter, or twitter, or whatever. Trust me, my life isn't that exciting.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I just saw your comment on my blog. Too funny!

And I check my FB account like once a week.

And I hate Twitter.

tiffany said...

i got a facebook account sevral months ago i set it up then left for maube an hour when i got back i had 6 friends all of wich my older sister had set friend invites to i dont know how my sister found me i didnt tell her i was going to get one needless to say after a couple weeks i had about 140 friends on facebook most of which i hadnt seen in well ovewr 15 years i have since deleted many friends of mine and am at 49 friends now i oly have faimly and a few people in my ward and a few close friends i mainly have it to have a better relationship with my 2 oldest nephews who are 15 almost 16 and 13 years old and to keep up with my faimly out of state

Barbaloot said...

Twitter is death!
I got a secret facebook account a few years ago---(cuz I have this long story about how anti I am). My goal was to only have one friend cuz I did it with my friend who is anti like me. Anyway, people just FIND you on there. It's weird. Why are they looking for me?!
But I still have a policy that I never request anyone to be my friend---maybe I'm a huge snob. But I've broken it about five times for certain boys. Boys are lame.

rychelle said...

ha!

i'm sending you a friend request. right now. ;)

did you get my email about craft day? are there any weekends in may that do or do not work for you?

Eliza said...

Oooo, I want to join craft day with you and Rychelle. What is it? and when is it?

Facebook is a little interesting to catch up with people, but I'm not really that into it. I usually check it once a week.

tiffany said...

i forgot to say that a couple weeks ago i got an email from facebook saying that barak obama and i were 4th cousins once removed hehehe i put in his name in the serch box and he came up so you may just wanna check it out

Barrie said...

I'm scared of Twitter. I'd probably end up addicted to it!

Amy said...

Facebook and Myspace are how I keep in touch with all my aunts and cousins. It's an easy way for us all to keep in touch with minimal effort. Quit being a hater and give it a try.

BENVANA said...

Just for the record, you don't have to have a FB account to see someone's pictures. They can actually send you a link to their album (which is at the bottom of the FB album page) and you can see them (if they care enough to send it to you). But it IS an easy way to stay in touch with people (especially for us who DON'T have interesting lives like you and don't have the time to maintain a cool blog like yours-- they do all the work for you and you just search for friends, add pics, and change your status periodically). But now I'll search for you and add you!!