
I'm not very good at confrontation.
(unless you're keeping me from using a coupon!).
I actually get pretty uncomfortable. You know, the kind of uncomfortable like someone just gave you a big wedgie and you just want to get it out, but you can't because you're giving a talk in church and the bishopric would see you.
Yeah, now that's uncomfortable.
I'll call someone when I know they're not there and leave a message so I can avoid talking to them.
I'll send an email before I pick up the phone.
I pretty much avoid confrontation at all costs.
So yesterday, when I had to tell my boss that I'm quitting after 4 years with the company because she is pretty much a horrible boss and doesn't understand the business - I got pretty uncomfortable.
The MOTHER of all wedgies.
My favorite part of the conversation however was when she told me "I wish there had been more communication, and by that I mean, I wish you had communicated more with me."
See what she did there? Now it's my fault I'm quitting because I didn't communicate enough. Whatever helps you sleep at night lady!
Now that I got that wedgie out, I just keep singing the same thing over and over in my head.
I'M FREE!!!! FREE FALLING!
You know, like how Tom Cruise sings it in his car in Jerry McGuire? That's how I'm singing it in my head. Mostly since I still don't have much of a voice.
You know what this means don't you?
I'll mostly likely have to actually work at my new job which means less time for blogging and blog stalking.
Don't cry for me Argentina! (wouldn't that be cool if someone from Argentina actually read my blog?) I've still got two good weeks to spend wasting time and reading blogs.
So make 'em good people!
And I'm Back!
16 years ago


11 comments:
I am SO not a fan of her. And so super proud of you for reaching for the stars...and by stars I mean, your own happiness. You deserve it!
Congrats on the new found freedom!
And I definitely have the best of both worlds at work. I LOVE my coworkers and the environment, I like my job part of it, and I have a lot of free time, for blogstalking.
You should work with us!
you got the bank job?
wa-hoo!
(now i'm singing bank job by the barenaked ladies)
OMG
my word verification is cantsig.
IM NOT EVEN KIDDING.
how does it know i can't sing. or sig?
Ooh-two free weeks! That's bliss. Live it up:)
I'm so proud of you! Way to go for it.
I'm a little concerned about when you are going to get your shopping done. Have you checked to see if there is a CVS near your new work?
way to go! Where are you gonna be working now?
im happy for you congrats i will be putting my 2 or 3 week notice in in a couple months i might even out in more then that i will try t keepmy posts good for the next two weeks i promise no garuntees
I'm proud of you Sara! I know you're not the kind to just quit without something else lined up, so what is your "new job that you'll start in 2 weeks"? I'm sure it felt good to tell her that you're done!
Congrats on your new job!!
Wow, after 4 years huh? Where will you be working now, and by the way, what do you do?! HA HA! You know, I read your blog all the time... but when Carolyn Benjamin was over here and I mentioned how cool you are, she asked about your husband and if I'd heard anything about his status in living here, etc.. I was like, "Umnnn, I don't know anything about that... sorry." I was like, "Hmnnn, I feel like I know Sara, but wow... I don't KNOW about Sara." HA HA! Well, you know... this is getting long. I LOVED this post by the way. I am sooooo like you. I'm not a phone person... if someone says they'll be out until 2pm and to call after, I'm calling at 1pm to leave a message. :)
Congrats on going for freedom!
Post a Comment