Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Year in Review

**I'm plugging into my "Bridget Jones-Esq" personality so the following must be read with a British accent and while consuming tea and crumpets.

No really, go get some tea, I'll wait.




Ready?




("ahem" - I always have to clear my throat before attempting an accent)

Pounds lost: minus 78.5 (uh, kidding...ha, kind of...awkward silence)

Houses purchased: 1

Plane trips: 13 (unfortunately only 2 were on holiday)

Juries served on: 0, despite the 3 days of jury selection

Nights stranded in Arizona due to unusual snow fall in Vegas: 1

Nephews birthed: 1

Blog posts:59 - not bad for a blog newbie

People who regularly read my bog and comment: 1 (thank you sister!)

Lesbian kisses: 0 - did you actually think there would be a number there? Geesh!
(You actually have to have seen Bridget Jones to get that one - so that's just you Ash!)

Movies watched: 154 - that's just an estimate of course, but it's probably pretty close.

Paint-by-numbers projects started and then quickly abandonded due to lack of any artistic talent: 1

Times I hit my own garage while trying to park my car: 3 - but only once did it cause major damage.

Boyfriends married: 1


And to end in the words of good old Bridget

"I found my happy ending at last. I truly believe in happiness ... even when you’re 33 and have a bottom the size of two bowling balls."

Goals for 2009

Get released from calling
Meet Obama
Visit a foreign land
Limit diet coke consumption to one per day

Wish me luck!

11 comments:

Eliza said...

Ahhh, a nephew birthed. I like that one.

My brain isn't thinking in a British accent right now, but I'm sure this was a funny post.

Like Bridget I have a bottom the size of two bowling balls. If I was Kim Kardashian I'd be famous for it.

Since I'm the only one that usually comments I'm making this one extra long.

Uh, no I didn't have Audrey's Easter dress on the calendar, but I'm sure she got one, and there wasn't anything else on there about her.

You marrying your boyfriend threw me for a loop until my brain fog lifted and I thought of course he had to be a boyfriend before he could be anything else!

Good luck on your goals, the only one that I think you'll acheive is going to a forien land. You do like to travel!

Stephanie said...

What a great Post....
I totally need to sit down and think about my year and what I have accomplished and didn't.... You accomplished alot. Oh and Nice accent

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I regularly read your blog as well. :) Way to cut down on movie watching! Remember that October when we had a goal to watch a Halloween movie every day? he he...er... anyway, Here's to a great year!

Quists said...

I love your blog Sara... seriously, you crack me up. Okay, I tried to explain how to do "strikeout" on a comment... but when I tried to post it, it said, "html not allowed on comments". So, here goes. I will try to explain it all-written out. First, when you're posting... go to the upperright hand corner of the post and click on "html" instead of the regular way to post. Then, before the sentence you want to strike out, you will type a "less than" symbol (remember your math days with that one... it's the turned-to-the-side v on your keyboard)... with a lowercase "s" right after it, and a "greater than symbol" right after that. Then, type the sentence you want to strike out. At the END of the sentence, you will do ANOTHER "less then" symbol. You will then do this "/" right after THAT and an "s" and then another "greater than" symbol." Everything you need to do, I just wrote in " " (parentheses). You're a smart cookie--- I expect to seem some strikeage... go girl! Oh, and your strike-out won't show up until you post. Good luck!

Habs said...

(Read in British Accent)

Dear Smug Married-

Am glad your bottom is the size of two bowling balls. Would not have you any other way. Am petrified movie's consumed was only 154. Must work to increase. Am available for lesbian kisses day or night!

Your Singleton-
Ashley

Alyson | New England Living said...

Such a funny list! I got my 2009 wish, which is the same as your's, I got released from my calling. Boo-ya!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Hey, you have a cute blog. And you're funny too. High five, girl. I want to get released from my calling too! High five. And I want to meet Obama too. I only got to see him coming out of the bathroom. Is that close enough?

Thanks for lurking and following. And commenting once! (I think) That was you, right?

Brian and Shara's beautiful family said...

So, I always read your blog as well, I just don't always leave a comment. If you don't make it to a foreign land, you could just come see me in VA! It could be considered foreign to Nevada. It's incredibly green (depending on when you come.) Brian will be gone for 3 weeks in May. Hint hint.

Shawna said...

Love this post! You are a crack up and it totally makes all the difference reading it in an English accent. I'm still cracking up at Eliza spacing about you marrying your boyfriend.

nevadanista said...

I was thinking of getting myself released from my calling too, but it's actually pretty cushy! It could be worse!!!

Good luck getting fired from yours :)

lindsey said...

That Ash Habs is hilarious!! I laughed both at your list and her comment.

Don't give up Diet Coke, that's just silliness. I was forced to cut back when I moved and my life has become more dull since.