my true love gave to me...
I tried to get a picture of this, but it was really hard. We went to the grocery store to get some (shocking I know) food and as we were leaving we were approached by someone who appeared to be homeless asking for money. Neither of us had any cash, and let's be honest, I probably wouldn't have given any anyway - I just don't trust that they won't use the money for alcohol or something.
So we got in the car and were ready to pull away and we saw the man who had asked us for money and another man sitting on some steps on the sidewalk. We looked at them and they looked at us and it was one of those awkward pauses. You know, like when a car salesman asks you if he can help and you don't immediately say no so then you're stuck with the guy. Well it was one of those moments. They knew we saw them and we waited too long to not help them in some way.
So my honey quickly put the car in park, got out, and asked either man if they were hungry. One jumped up and immediately asked for a beer. When he told the man that he wouldn't buy him a beer, but he could buy him some food if he was hungry, he got this annoyed, pouty look and sat back down on the steps to sulk. The other gentleman stood up and said that he'd take a burrito so my honey walked with him into the taco shop and bought him a burrito. I tried to capture this on film but I didn't want either to know I was taking a picture so the result isn't very clear.
(I apologize for the somewhat distracting wiper blade taking up half the picture)
So what did my true love give to me?
Charity, kindness, selflessness, love
The true meaning of Christmas.



2 comments:
That is very nice! :)
Have I mentioned lately how absolutely adorable I think Alber is? What a catch! I'm so so happy you found the man you deserve.
Merry Christmas (Feliz Navidad!) to you both!
Post a Comment