So...
(I always like to begin a paragraph as if we were already in the middle of a conversation)
as we were leaving the temple early Saturday morning, the gentleman at the welcome desk looked at my honey and said "Aloha, Mele Kalikimaka"
Apparently he looks more Hawaiian than Latin.
What do you think?
On the flip side, I look mostly albino so I guess I'll just say
Jutdlime pivdluarit ukiortame pivdluaritlo!
(That's "Merry Christmas" in Eskimo. )
No really... I looked it up!
PS. I'm in no way insinuating that all Eskimo's are albinos - just some of them.
Just kidding, I love Eskimos, here are my top 10 favorite Eskimo Proverbs.
1. Don't let the windows of your home be so small that the light of the sun cannot enter your rooms.
2. Even the strongest eagle cannot soar higher than the stars.
3. You never really know your friends from your enemies until the ice breaks.
4. He that boasts of his own knowledge proclaims his ignorance.
5. If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
6. Unless you're the lead sled dog, the view is pretty much the same.
7. Love comes after marriage.
8. May you have kindness in your heart, a plump woman in your furs, and seal meat in you larder.
9. May you have warmth in your igloo, oil in your lamp, and peace in your heart.
10. May your charity increase as much as your wealth.
(on a personal note, my favorites are 5, 6, &8)
PPS. Tomorrow I may go back to talking about the continential US, but for now...
Mele Kalikimaka and Jutdlime pivdluarit ukiortame pivdluaritlo!
And I'm Back!
16 years ago


2 comments:
Funny! I guess he does look Hawaiian....
Thanks for all the Eskimo knowledge. The top ten was fun! I liked #7. So true!
Oh, you are too funny. And your husband does look poly. I should know.
And I LOVE to begin a sentence in media res. (In the middle)
Love the eskimo proverbs. hee hee
Don't you want to get famous?
Post a Comment