Friday, December 12, 2008

On the 8th day of Christmas...

my true love gave to me...

A precious poinsettia plant for the top of the stairs.

I usually keep a (I hate to say it) fake flower arrangement here.

I promised myself as a naive college student that I would never have fake flowers in my house and I would always have fresh flower arrangements. I think I promised myself that one day while watching Martha. I swore to myself that I would rather have no flowers than have plastic ones.

Those hopes and dreams were dashed when reality hit and I needed something on the top of this table.

Now my honey is keeping me honest by getting me a REAL poinsettia plant. Technically not flowers, but close enough.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

You know you're still newlyweds when you still get flowers (or plants).

Shawna said...

Too funny Eliza! I'm surprised you didn't pick up 10 poinsettia plants for $10 while you were getting your Christmas tree from Home Depot.

You are a lucky girl, I've never gotten flowers from my husband...
he's too cheap..lol