Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My 2 Cents...well maybe just 1 1/2...

Since I've started this blog I've tried to focus mostly on me.


Sure I've had the occasional post highlighting another member of my family or some world event, but overall, I write about what I think, and life as it happens to me.


It's really because I find myself more interesting than other people.

See, I'm not even ashamed to admit that.


(excuse me while I pat myself on the back)



HOWEVER...

Today I feel the need to discuss an injustice that has happened recently in the media regarding a certain celebrity. We'll just call her Sessica Jimpson.




I'm appalled at the media. They should be ashamed.




How dare they focus on something so insignificant as her weight?




I couldn't care less that she went from this




to this



Since I tend to be of the "Extra Chunky" variety anyway, I think she looks fine. (Her figure that is) Everyone is focusing on the wrong thing.


DIDN'T THEY SEE WHAT SHE WAS WEARING?


MOM PANTS!!!!

And it's not even her first offense.



Heidi Klum would look fat full figured in those.


Come on people. Could we focus a little on her sense of style?


Those jeans combined with the hideous belt(s) hurt my eyes.

Let's get back to what's really important in life.

Like saving dolphins and protecting the innocent from bad fashion.

11 comments:

nevadanista said...

Hey, can I copy and paste the first part of this post on my blog :) I find myself very fascinating as well :D

Oh yeah, and why don't they focus more on her crappy singing and acting? I was looking at that pic in the check out line yesterday - what a coincidence.

Eliza said...

Matt Lauer showed that picture to President Obama. Don't you think there were more important issues to discuss?

I agree. Couldn't care less about her, I mean about her weight, but those high waisted jeans have got to go!

Anjeny said...

I agree with ya Sara. Who cares whether she gained weight or not? All this emphasis on weight, it's driving me bonkers...LOL

Oh and yeah, thanks for the comment on my blog. I enjoyed reading it.

Something Marvellous said...

LOL! Couldn't agree with you more. All I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a celebrity. I wouldn't want unflattering pictures of me taken by anyone.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. We had individual ward camps last year instead of a Stake-wide camp. So I organized a 3-day, 2-night camp for two wards. I've been meaning to put it up on my blog...I can email you what I did for camp. :)

Kristina P. said...

I care about her weight, and I am judging her.

Here's my thing. She has been quoted as saying that it was just an unflattering camera angle and poor clothing and she hasn't gained weight at all. Give me a break. She's not fat, but she HAS gained weight. Who cares? Oh, except judgey me.

If she was wearing a Snuggie no one would be able to tell what her body looked like. Some people never learn.

Angela said...

i totally agree with you. anyone will look heavy in those pants.

Barbaloot said...

Perhaps she's just preparing for the future...hoping she'll one day get to wear those pants and have the right excuse?

rychelle said...

i don't understand why people are calling her fat. it's just a really bad pair of pants!!! really, really bad pants.

Barrie said...

It did make me totally focus on belts. And realize that I haven't bought one in ages. And now I'd like to go belt shopping. But for something a little less flamboyant than the one in the photo, though. :)

Nicnel said...

Wow - you really should think about a career in fashion critiquing. I think you nailed it right on the head! Weight, schmeight! It's the pants people! Poor girl needs a new stylist, that's what I think.

If she ever asks me, I'll recommend you for the job, K?

I am LoW said...

I agree!! And I'd be happy to be as "chubby" as her. It's crazy. Hollywood is crazy.