Thursday, February 19, 2009

Airbags and seatbelts aren't the only protection

I saw this nice car yesterday.



Normally I don't find myself reaching for my camera every time I see a nice car.


This was was different though.

I looked closer and saw this.



Plastic covering the driver's seat and the back seat.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like to keep my things nice as much as the next guy. In fact I just ordered these for my couches.


But covering your car seats? Come on! Do you really expect those to remain clean?

Did you notice the child's seat in the back? Do you really think that you'll be able to keep that car clean with a kid in it? They didn't even cover the passenger side. There goes the back of that chair as the kid kicks the life out of it with dirty shoes.

And lets not forget about projectile vomit. That seat is toast!





I can only assume they covered the driver's seat because they've gone "green" and did away with washing their clothes. There's such freedom in knowing that you'll always smell so you don't need to try to hide it and you can just let yourself go. (Yes, I'm speaking from experience)

I can just imagine the conversation that took place.

Hubby: "Honey"
Wifey: "Yes dear?"
Hubby: "I think I'm going to get a new car."
Wifey: "Well alright, as long as you cover your seat in plastic. You know how I hate wasting the earth's natural resources to wash your clothes."
Hubby:"Alright"
Wifey: "Oh, and don't forget to also cover the back seat since that's where Cindy Lou sits. You know how filthy and disgusting she can be, bless her heart."
Hubby: "Ok, I'll get a bigger piece of plastic." mumbles to himself "oh sure NOW she wants me to use protection..."


I'm hoping I'll run into this car again sometime in July - after the plastic has melted into the upholstery and the driver has bits of it stuck to the back of his legs.

8 comments:

Barrie said...

And if you run into (not literally, please!) this car around July, you'll take another picture for us, right? :)

Eliza said...

As I alaway say...

Be Prepared!

Kristina P. said...

My husband has towels all over the floor of his car. OVER the carmats. He is insane.

I hope he never sees this, because he will do it.

Barbaloot said...

You're getting plastic couch covers? Doesn't that make them incredibly NOT comfortable?

rychelle said...

that is just nuts. and those things are not even fitted to the seats, it's just draped. it kinda makes it look like they are about to comit a crime and there and want an easy clean up. stay away from that car!

(good job on one-upping me in the stalking department. did you get my reply email?)

rychelle said...

sorry.....comMit a crime IN there....

Blogging and Bliss said...

Wow hopefully no one SAW you taking that picture... I really like stalking your blog and don't want anyone coming after you... But yeah if it was just to protect the car well... OK yeah still really weird.

Coleman Express said...

Okay...I have been having trouble leaving comments so I am trying on your blog. I wish I could get some of that plastic. I was just talking to Dwain and saying it would be nice to have something to cover the seats....Maybe if you see the car again you could ask where they got the plastic.