I’m a firm believer in celebrating holidays and getting into the holiday spirit. And I’m not just talking about the big holidays like Kwanza and Yom Kippur either. I mean all the holidays. I’m not a discriminator of holidays. I try to participate in as many as possible. I’m fully aware that National Bosses day is coming up next week and I should probably do something nice for mine. (I probably won’t do anything, but at least I recognize that I should right?) I try to pop as much popcorn as possible this month since October is National Popcorn Popping Month. Since it is also National Diabetes Month, I stick to the sugar free popcorn or I just don’t eat it. And here I thought that October was just National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. If I thought that, I would be robbed of properly celebrating National Pizza Month. It’s also National Vegetarian Month so I’ve thrown out all the Spam and Beef Flanks from my storage. I probably wasn’t going to eat that stuff anyway. Hmmm, maybe I could try making a sugar-free vegetarian popcorn pizza. My mouth is already watering! I’m not even kidding, for a list of all the different Holidays and Observances for the month of October go here. I hope none of you missed out on Name Your Car Day October 2nd.
Imagine my surprise when I turned over my monthly calendar this morning (I know it’s already October 6th and I should have done it 6 days ago, get over it) and I discovered a new holiday I didn’t even know existed. Where did it come from? What am I supposed to do now? The date is this Saturday and I had fully expected to celebrate It’s My Party Day. I’ve already got the invitations ready to send to myself and I’ve printed extra pictures of myself to post around my house. What am I supposed to do now that my trusty work calendar says that Saturday, October 11th is National Gay and Lesbian Coming Out Day. I would hate to pass up the chance to celebrate. I can’t stand the thought that there are others out there celebrating their escape from the closet when I’m celebrating my party with no closets involved. Am I allowed to come out even when I was never in? I guess I can always change the name of my party to It’s My Coming Out Party Day. If the closet is literal and not figurative does it still count? I think I can make this work somehow. I’ll take any suggestions from any of you who already had your party plans and didn’t share them with me. I’m so desperate to do this right!
Also, don’t forget that tomorrow is World Smile Day. That’s an easy one to celebrate!
Happy Celebrating to all!
And I'm Back!
16 years ago


3 comments:
Just don't smile with your eyes, please. (Shudder) Its a little scary!
Can we have cake for each of these celebrations? Except for the coming out of the closet one, that is just yucky.
So fun! Well it's also "Sarcastic Month", I think you just celebrated it! :) Also this week is "Pet Peeve Week"--now I can vent and not get into trouble for it! Thanks for the website- that's so funny!
Post a Comment