Monday, October 13, 2008

My BFF

I hate being “it”.
Unless it’s hide and seek. I liked being “it” in hide and seek. Not because I was exceptionally stealth at discovering an unsuspecting victim, but because when I was the one who had to hide, I would almost always wet my pants. And by almost always I mean EVERY TIME! I don’t know if it’s just nerves or excitement, but as a kid, 9 times out of 10 when we would play hide and seek with the neighborhood kids, I would have to find time to sneak home and change my pants because of another accident. That 1 other time out of ten, my little “accident” wouldn’t be big enough to warrant a trip home. Gross I know, but some of you probably ate dirt as kids so don’t even judge me.
Seriously, stop looking at me like that, it was kind of traumatic. To this day I don’t enjoy hide and seek, unless I’m “it”. I have this fear that if I’m hiding, my childlike reflexes will take over and I don’t always carry an extra pair of pants with me. Oh the shame!
We’ll I’m “it” again because I’ve been tagged by 2 friends on the same day. (shout out to Nicoley-face and Shara)
Unfortunately these were different tags so one post doesn’t fit all. I’ve decided to make up my own response and since I don’t have very many secrets left, (hello! I just told you I wet my pants as a kid!), I’m going to follow in my friend Sheree’s blogsteps (like footsteps only virtual and stiletto) and write a tag about someone else.
I picked her because it’s Halloween season.
1. Random fact about me from 10 years ago: I was giving flying lessons to that kid Harry Potter. It’s embarrassing I know, but I was out of a job and I needed some quick cash. Believe me if I’d have known how famous and popular that warlock was going to become I would’ve charged him more. Who knew that 21st Century brats would actually like this magic stuff? Back in my day they just ran away screaming. I always knew I was born in the wrong century.
2. Random item on my to-do list today: Scoop my cat Blackie’s litter box. That Fresh Step stuff is definitely not fresh! Enough said.
3. Random snack I enjoy: Fish eyes, I never leave home without them. It sound’s a little out there, but you really just need to try them. They’re the perfect size and so filling. Also very low in calories, I’m trying to watch my weight since I got my new broom and realized they just don’t make ‘em as sturdy as they used to.
4. Random thing I would do if I were a millionaire: Find Michael Jackson’s plastic surgeon and get a skin color change. What? You think I like being green? Heck no, yellow is totally this year’s green!
5. Random place I’ve lived: The Eiffel Tower. Not the one in Paris, but the replica on the Vegas strip. Well wouldn’t you if you could fly? The people-watching is so much more exciting there, plus my French is really rusty.
6. Random job I’ve had: I was a credit card customer service rep. Until one day someone called in and said I sounded like a green witch. It must have been Cleo, she’s the only one I know who can tell skin color by the voice. Plus I had just called her earlier that day to get my future read and I told her I was a green witch. You just can’t trust those psychics!

I hope you enjoyed a little insight into the Wicked Witch of the West. I was a little surprised myself by some of her responses. Fish eyes! Yuck! If you’re wondering how I was able to get her to respond to my questions you should probably know that we’re old friends. In fact, here’s a picture of us on Halloween last year!
Now for my turn to tag people. I have no clue if these people read my blog, but I’m choosing to tag: Val Kilmer, Barak Obama, John McCain (just to be fair), Nicole Kidman, and President Monson. YOU’RE IT!

3 comments:

Eliza said...

I think that your BFF needs to go back to the spa and get her face scrubbed. They left the facial on too long.

Um, didn't know about the peeing thing. Can I blame Hunter's problems on genetics from Aunt Sara?

Tiffany said...

I'm sure Barack Obama is following your blog (can't vouch for McCain, though--since when has he cared about us Main Street Americans?), but I don't have Obama's blog address--can you forward me that? I can't WAIT to find out what he was reeeelly doing ten years ago.
P.S. I think you should quit your day job and blog for cash.

Cardalls said...

i will comment, this was hilarious! extremely clever and witty...made me LOL!! :)