Friday, October 24, 2008

Is that an age spot under my wrinkle?


I know this is completely out of character for me to write 2 blog posts on the same day, but I almost forgot a very important event that I must document.

So you know how I was recently married? Of course you do, all 2 people reading this were both at my wedding. (Hi Sheree and Eliza!) Well so many things happen in that one instant when you say "I do". A whole lifetime of singledom has been replaced instantly by "old married lady". The guy at the voting place today called me ma'am (which I will probably vent about in another blog).

But anyways, it's official, I'm an adult. I'm an old, married, boring, adult. Wanna know why else I know that's true. Because last year at halloween time Alber and I dressed up as Zorro and Elena. We totally looked way hot too. I searched hard for the picture but I couldn't find it so just take my word that we looked exactly like Antonio and Ms. Zeta-Jones. We went to the single-adult dance and many even asked for our autographs. Ok, that's an exaggeration, but we were indeed young and hip. This year we will definately NOT be dressing like the young, cute, hip, couple we were but a short year ago.


Why you may ask? Well, rather than attending the single adult dance and tearing up the floor, we've been asked to Chaperone the very same event! Just a short 5 months ago, when I was still a single adult I went to these dances and now a piece of paper and a wedding band have instantly qualified me to be the adult supervision. Are you kidding me? Oh, say it isn't so.


The dance is tonight and I'm so embarrassed. What will the other "old people" say when they see me. Do I have to bring a Book of Mormon to stick between people dancing too close? Will they know that I'm not really qualified to chaperone anyone? Will they ask to see my marriage licence? I'm thinking about bringing my quilting project and maybe some reading glasses. I've got pictures of my niece and nephews that I can pretend are my kids. (Thanks to both my sisters for doing such a great job of procreating!) I can say we adopted because there's no way anyone will believe that the blond hair, blue-eyed Dobbins kids are the genetic offspring of my honey. (No latin blood in those kids fo sho)


No seriously, this isn't funny. This in an EMERGENCY! If I just go to the church and hide in one of the classrooms does that count as chaperoning? I'm kind of freaking out about the whole thing. What if any of my friends go?

6 comments:

Coleman Express said...

That is funny...Hope the dance was fun. Hey at least you don't have to worry about anyone asking you to dance or in my case not asking you to dance.

See you tomorrow...what time are you coming over?

Sheree Flick Photography said...

Hi Sara! That's kinda funny, because I was just thinking I would love to chaparone a dance! No joke. I want an excuse to go dancing so bad! I hope you tore up the floor anyway!


I wish you would have called me! I totally would have gone with you! :)

Stephanie said...

hey I read your blog too, just forget to leave comments, So How was the adult chaparone gig go..... Hope you told those "kids" whats up...

Eliza said...

SO funny! How'd it go? I never got the chance to ask. THANK YOU for watching all my kids all day. You're the best!

Anonymous said...

Next dance, you should definitely go and start making out with your honey. Then they'll never ask you again! :)

Habs said...

Sara, I found this to be very hilarious indeed.