Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Take me out to the ball game

I'm slightly ashamed to admit that last night's game was the first one I've watched of this world series.
It's been a long time since I've watched baseball on TV and I noticed something I don't think I've ever noticed before.

Baseball players spit.

A LOT!

They don't even use their lips.

At any second random stuff just comes flying out of their mouth.

It's usually just a little bit at a time.
(Wouldn't it be better to just build it all up and hock a big loogey?)

Some of them can successfully spit in two different directions at the same time.

Seriously, these guys have talent.

So I tried to do it without moving my lips.

I drooled.

There go my dreams of become a professional baseball player.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I've often aspired to being able to spit like that. I guess I'm just not up to par.

Kristina P. said...

I don't watch baseball at all.

Barbaloot said...

I have a serious aversion to baseball. Because it's boring. And also, I can't spit.

rychelle said...

i bet it's because of all the big league chewing gum they chew.

grape flavored, of course.

Eliza said...

russ turned it on for a little bit too. boring. I'm glad the boys aren't playing right now, and I'm very glad that there isn't spitting in little league.