Mostly I’ve been craving not healthy food.
I usually crave not healthy food – so I try not to accredit these cravings to the pregnancy.
Except for the other night when I made my honey go look for chicken wings at 11:00 at night. Needless to say, he wasn’t very successful. I totally can’t believe he even went. I wouldn’t have! Good thing he’s not the one with cravings.
And then there was yesterday.
Yesterday I was craving hot chocolate from 7-11.
I was thinking about going across the street to satisfy my craving and how I was going to put some nice steamed milk and mini marshmallows in my cocoa. This stuff is way better than Starbucks (Cuz I happened to try them both on the same day once).
Then I thought about the donuts. Hmmm, I think I’ll grab one of those too.
I love me some deep fried bread.
Which made me want a scone really bad. (Tempted to drive to Orem to the closest Sconecutter, but I didn’t think I could make it there and back in my lunch hour)
A nice deep fried scone with butter and honey.
My mouth was watering as I thought of that crispy doughy creation and my mind wandered to other crispy, doughy creations.
Hot dog on a Stick.
No… not a corn dog.
It had to be a hot dog on a stick. From the nice girls that wear big colorful hats and pound lemons to a crisp.
Those dogs are the best because they’re freshly dipped in the cornmeal and fried for a good 2 minutes.
They sell cheese on a sick too.
Hmmm. CHEESE!
I had to have one. Seriously, this was a matter of life or death.
Cheese on a stick was my lifeline.
I looked up the closest Hot Dog on a Stick location to my work.
Just doing that made me even more obsessed.
I could already taste the deep fried corn meal and melted cheese.
I was like James hunting Bella. My mouth was watering and I was a girl on a mission.
I snatched my purse and drove the 3.81 miles to the closest location.
Ugh, I hate malls. I hate mall food courts. I hate not knowing where to park that will be closest to the food court.
FOCUS! CHEESE ON A STICK.
Ok, I had my head back and I was heading in. As I reached the mall doors I made a little whimpering sound. (I’m totally not making this up people) like a puppy who just couldn’t get to the bowl of food. I was so close I could almost taste it!
I rushed in and headed in the direction of the food court. Dang, I didn’t pick the closest parking.
I can see it. I can smell it…A variety of foods from various countries, cultures and waist lines.
Wait a second.
Did I miss it?
I slowly did a second and third spin around the food court searching for my beloved stick girls.
This isn’t funny.
Come out come out wherever you are…
It’s not here!
There was one booth under construction.
Could that be where… I didn’t even want to think it.
I saw a funnel cake place and was reminded of my deep fried dough craving 15 minutes prior.
Only I didn’t want funnel cake or deep fried dough anymore.
I wanted fried cheese on a stick.
I almost broke down right there in the middle of the food court.
This couldn’t be happening. I NEEDED some fried cheese.
I desperately thought that possibly there could be a second food court and I set off to find it.
I shot daggers as the lady at the hair straightening kiosk asked me if I ever straightened my hair.
NO! (Duh, my hair is naturally gorgeous, why would I ruin a good thing)
Keep walking, keep walking, keep walking. It has to be here somewhere.
I saw another entryway to the mall and thought maybe they had a booth there. Like how sometimes you see Auntie Anne’s pretzels.
And there it was.
My salvation.
I wanted to cry. Instead I sighed loudly as I slowed my steps and approached the colored hat girls.
And studied the menu.
What are you doing? You want cheese! Remember!
The menu is really hard, you see. They have hot dogs. And Cheese.
Cheese. Cheese. Cheese you idiot, why are you stalling????
Should I get one of each?
No, you don’t want a hot dog. You want Cheese!
“I’ll have a cheese on a stick.”
“American or Pepper Jack?”
“American”
“Ok, that’ll be 2 minutes”
Should I have gotten pepper jack? Or one of each?
The next 2 minutes were agony as I waited for my cheese to cook to perfection.
Then she gave it to me and I took that first delicious bite.
Oh, that’s hot. HOT HOT HOT. Ooooo oooo
I tried to blow through my teeth and not burn the roof of my mouth.
Oh, yeah, that hits the spot. This stuff is GOOOOOOOOD.
Then I got to the middle of the stick.
Suddenly the cheese wasn’t hot anymore.
In fact, it wasn’t even melted.
Gross! This isn’t what I wanted.
I reluctantly finished it, I had to eat it all, there was no way I was going to leave the mall not having had my fill. But I was seriously disappointed that the cheese hadn’t melted all the way through.
What a let down.
I left the mall dejected and depressed.
I really just wanted some hot chocolate.
And I'm Back!
16 years ago


9 comments:
How sad is it that I also have this exact same problem, and I'm not even pregnant?
Now, where is a funnel cake when I need on?
great post! it was like i was right there with you, roaming the meadows mall for a cheese on a stick.
i certainly hope you'll be craving some lucilles on saturday!
I hope at least the first few bites were worth it! I crave not healthy food regularly, too. And my mom said when she was prego that she craved "everything." Awesome---life will be great when I'm pregnant.
I've been wanting some Sconecutters for days (ever since my sister reminded me about that place) and now after this post I want it even more!
Good luck with the cravings!
This happens to me almost every day. I'm just slightly worried that one day, I won't have an excuse to eat whatever I want.
Hehe. This is Mary. I'm not sure why I'm signed in as Barney.
Soooo funny! I'm glad I'm not desperate enough to have to go to the mall, but it sure sounds yummy. A&W has some pretty good fried cheese curds for your next craving.
I remember those cravings that made you feel a bit insane...((Huggs))
Your hubby was so nice to go look for your craving...mine wouldn't and told me so! lol So instead I went and got it myself, even if it meant looking for hours.
Your story-telling talents continue to impress me! I too was right there with you dodging the mall shoppers to the other food court. So glad you got your fill! yeah, and what a nice hubby!! now i'm having cravings for not so healthy food and I'm not prego
Post a Comment