Thursday, October 29, 2009

I don't get it

Could someone help me understand this?





I really don't get it when people put this on their car.





Seriously! I see these all the time!

The car is in memory of the person????

Wouldn't a park bench or a hospital wing be more appropriate?

Couldn't you plant a tree or run a marathon in that person's name?

My first thought when I see one of these is that they obviously bought the car with the life insurance, felt guilty, and decided to dedicate the car to that person.

Why else would a car represent a person?

I think more appropriate would be "In memory of the awesome car I test drove and bought this instead"

Could someone help me understand?

I just don't get it.

7 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I've never seen one of those. Does seem an odd way to remember that person. What happens when you sell that car....?

BENVANA said...

Oh they have them all over Atlanta. I believe it is just the sticker that is in memory of their dead beloved, but it does seem pretty weird. I love your cynic thoughts of them buying the car with the life insurance! Hey, maybe they ran over that person and putting a sticker on their car is the least they can do for the family!

Kristina P. said...

I've never seen this either. Odd.

rychelle said...

i don't get it either. but, you're right, i see these all over town.

Eliza said...

So, from the comments it seems like there aren't any of these stickers in Utah.

I've totally seen these and wondered why too. What about the people that do the same thing with tattoo's? Is that more like planting a tree? Its a living thing too.

Habs said...

Sara, I saw this for the first time on Monday morning. My thoughts were exactly the same....they bought the car from death insurance?!

I would hate to think of a deceased family member every time I got in my vehicle.

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/sejarah-marga-korea-dan-artinya