Friday, September 25, 2009

South of el border

A majestic view of the city... it just means I'm far enough away to not capture the garbage, pot holes, and beggars which they actually have more of than tacos if you can believe it.



I went to the land of the tamales to visit my honey's family. They just got there a couple of weeks ago and were so excited to have me visit (I honestly can't blame them) that the decorated with a lovely display of balloons.


As you can see, my extremely fancy car fit right in with their high class living arrangements.

May I present to you my familia.



Here is Manuel. Sorry ladies, he's only 15. I know his GQ style sports coat gives him a mature look, but he's off the market still.




My FIL Carlos.


My stepson AJ.




Best cook ever (on that stove, I mean really, masterpieces were made)
My MIL Odilia.



Ah yes, Don Juan himself. My BIL Juan. He is absolutly available, but you'll have to act fast as the teenage neighbor girls are already smitten. I woke up to find "Juan and ...?" written in the dew on my car. Now that's the way to rope 'em in. Keep up the good work girls!




My other BIL Amilcar. He said 5 words the whole time I was there. I'm either very intimidating or he thought I looked funny.


The whole family... As usual, I'm the tall white girl in the middle.


And then I got in line to come back.


8 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Thanks for introducing us. I wish you could bring me some of that yummy food your MIL made.

Kristina P. said...

I'm with Barb! I could really eat some tamales right now.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you went without me! Cute family!!

rychelle said...

i'm going to start using that window mist technique. it sounds fool proof!

see you tomorrow. yay!

Eliza said...

Super cute! I thought Alber has sisters too? Was Alber sad not to be able to see them? Crazy propane hook up in the kitchen.


Uh, how did you take a picture of the back of your car? Not your car, right?

Kyle said...

where was alber? I guess the balloons really were all for you! sounds like a great (but short? --judging by your captions) trip.

Quists said...

Wow, a familia of boys, eh? Fun pictures! I didn't know your hubbie had a son... do you get to have him for part of the year at all? That must be hard for him to be further away.

Habs said...

Girl- Why have you not called me to talk about your stepson? How does it feel? He looks absolutely delicious.