Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Charlie Brown gave it to me!

I put up my tree. That's right, you heard me, I put up my TREE! It's a dang good tree too! So call the holiday police on me. I'm not skipping Thanksgiving. I believe in celebrating all the holidays in the right order and for that reason I'm calling it my Thanksgiving tree - until Friday when it will affectionately become known as my Christmas tree. What? You think the Pilgrims didn't have trees? I beg to differ! What do you think they sat on? Rocking chairs don't make themselves! What do you think they burned to cook their food? Hickory flavoring comes from Hickory TREES people. It just so happens that I enjoy a nice pine flavor to my turkey so my Thanksgiving tree is pine this year. (I won't burn the tree itself, but I'll see if I can get some pine chips for the oven.)

It's a dang good tree. Just the right size and the appropriate amount of decoration. It's going to be a pain to take down all those ornaments, but at least I'll get to enjoy it for the next month!

See, isn't it beautiful?

It just makes me so thankful to even look at it!

I didn't stop with just one decoration, but I also put up my Thanksgiving nativity.

It's hard to tell from this picture, but that shepherd has a turkey drumstick in his hand, and that wiseman is chowing down some mashed potatoes!
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Although you were quite clever, you didn't fool me! Get some REAL Thanksgiving decorations for tom's sake!

Habs said...

Look at you getting all domestic. Maybe for Christmas, I will get you a Thanksgiving gift?!