This morning during my daily commute up Lamb Blvd I saw something very peculiar, nay shocking that I wasn't quite sure how to react. I think I audibly gasped and rightly so.
(Here's a reenactment shot of what I must have looked like, you'll be very greatful I didn't actually take a picture of what I saw!)

I'm used to seeing school aged children waiting for the bus or I've even gotten used to seeing some of the same cars on their daily commute. Those are the strangers that I call my friends and there's some comfort in that routine that makes my drive relaxing and uneventful.
This morning I got an extra special little treat. I saw someone who I would assume was a homeless gentleman getting dressed for the day. He had apparently slept right there on the sidewalk which instantly turned it into his bedroom. Well good for him. I applaud him and his sense of hygiene and desire to start each day with a fresh set of clothes. Before I could contemplate the fact that he chose to get dressed on the sidewalk (facing the street I might add) rather than a public restroom or even behind a building, I was instantly distracted by the article of clothing he was changing into. The lucky commuter just a few blocks behind me would've been privileged enough to wittness perhaps the fresh socks or maybe his new shirt. It just so happened that I stumbled upon the gentleman while he was changing his underwear. I don't think I need to point out to everyone that in order to change your underwear, you must first remove all outerwear. Ahem. Need I say more? Let's see then, what's that expression again?
In his birthday suit...
Nude...
In the buff...
Naked...
Devoid of all clothing...
Textile challenged...
I think you get my drift.
I'll probably take Nellis Blvd as an alternative route tomorrow.


7 comments:
What the crap? That is crazy. I do have to say that on my way home from work I drive pass a storm drain and there is a gentleman that has taken that area to be his home...I call him Stormy. However I am thankful that Stormy has never tried to get dressed or undressed while I am driving by.
NO WAY!!!!! GROSSSSSS!!!!!
Ok, the best part of this post is that you praise his sense of hygiene! And YOU had to be the lucky commuter who got the free strip tease... well, at least you spared all the parents driving their children to school an early "birds and the bees" discussion....
Mama always told him, "Put on clean underwear everyday."
Oh... sad. But, crazy! Okay, so I sent you an "invite" to my blog. BUT, I did do it a while ago, and you never "accepted it." So, you have one chance left missie. :) Just teasing. Mine is nowhere near as cool as yours is. I think you would like a previous post I wrote entitled "Candy on my what?" It is right up your alley... search for it... it would have been a month or two ago. I will feel really cool if I make your "frequented blogs" list. :) Thanks for the email and I will bug you later!
Sara, I once saw a homeless guy showering in the Gateway fountains early one morning! I'm surprised you didn't get into a wreck. I would've stopped and whistled!
How sad is that? So does he sleep naked and then put the same clothes on each day? How do his clothes get clean? Recently I've become silently facinated with homeless people- What's their story? What's their daily routine? Someday maybe I'll ask.
Post a Comment