Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mrs. O'Leary's cow did it

Please someone tell me they understand the reference in my title. I like to think I'm pretty clever.

Alternate titles would be:
"They say lightning doesn't strike twice"
or
"Burnt Sasquatch"
or
Fire! Fire! Fire! Part 2
or
Seriously? I mean Seriously?

I had actually been planning a post to let everyone know that we've finally moved back into my house after the lightning fire back in October. I even took pictures of my new carpet, new walls, and new ceiling.

That post will have to wait while I tell you all about another fire we had.

Seriously.

Remember the Sasquatch?


As much as I'm not a fan of this truck, I'm terribly sad to say that I have a grumpy old neighbor who is even less of a fan of the truck.

As a result of his hatred...

The truck now looks like this.






Yes those were some large tools.
Yes, there was even a generator.
Yes, generators tend to explode when lit on fire.
Yes, it was a pretty impressive explosion.


My honey and I weren't actually home when this happened. We got there right as the fire department was leaving. (Sorry Barb, it was a different shift so I didn't get phone numbers for you, these guys were all a little older.)


We were able to watch the truck burn from the security camera's tape the next day.


The same security footage that show grumpy old neighbor man walking away from our truck as it is on fire.


The same grumpy old neighbor man who two days earlier yelled at my husband for the truck and said we couldn't park it there and he was going to have it towed.


The same grumpy old neighbor man who is secretary of my HOA and therefore the one with keys and access to the security videos.


The same grumpy old neighbor man who incriminated himself by showing us the security videos.


The same grumpy old neighbor man who has acted suspiciously guilty and told us the security videos couldn't "prove" that anyone lit the fire, but he recommends that we park it in the garage from now on because "Look what some one's done to it".


Nothing like welcoming us back to the neighborhood by setting our truck on fire.


Awesome.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Too bad Adam wasn't there. He could have put it out with his very large hose.

rychelle said...

WHAT?!?! we need to have dinner, so i can hear this crazy story in person!

Anonymous said...

What the...!?!?! I can't believe it! What is up with that crazy place you live? It's time to move for reals.

Barbaloot said...

Stop it---he lit your truck on fire?! Who does that?

Bummer about the fireman. One day I'll meet one...

Lacey said...

That is absolutely crazy. I know you called the cops and hopefully the DA presses charges.

That's insane, but I am so happy that it wasn't your house.

Eliza said...

"There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight! FIRE FIRE FIRE!"

Maybe this will inspire AJ to become a fireman when he grows up.

Quists said...

So, maybe I'm lame - but what is going to happen to the guy? You ARE going to press charges aren't you?

Barrie said...

He really lit your truck on fire?!! Oh my gosh!! That is horrible.

Emily Conkey said...

Seriously!? Seriously!?!!??? I cannot believe this happened. What neighbor lights a truck ON FIRE? Best Vegas story ever. It even tops the guy trying to take money from you to fix YOUR car! I love you!