I'm not a fancy cook by any means, but when I saw that the artichokes were on sale I got inspired.
I've only had them dipped in butter sauce before, but I decided to go all out and make hollandaise sauce.
Just like Julia Child.
Here they are all prepped and ready to cook.
I made a chicken and stuffing dish to accompany the artichoke - since the artichoke was the main dish.

It was a hit with my honey, and Sophia loved chomping on thepetals leaves green thingys too.
It was a hit with my honey, and Sophia loved chomping on the
(Although she eats toilet paper, dirt, rocks, and her boogers so I'm not sure if she's the best critic.

The big test was going to be AJ. He's a very picky eater when it comes to new things. I wanted to prep him beforehand and make it seem really cool to eat artichokes.

The big test was going to be AJ. He's a very picky eater when it comes to new things. I wanted to prep him beforehand and make it seem really cool to eat artichokes.
I read him this book.

Yes, this is an actual book. Yes, I own it. Yes, it's slightly boring so I may have skipped the entire middle section and gone to the last page.

Yes, this is an actual book. Yes, I own it. Yes, it's slightly boring so I may have skipped the entire middle section and gone to the last page.
Then I had him help prep the artichokes and all the time told him how cool this vegetable is.
He was especially excited to get to the "heart" in the middle.
All my prepping worked, because he ate it right up.
(Or he really liked the hollandaise sauce)
Move over Jessica Seinfield - I'm coming up with my own way to get kids their vegetables!


3 comments:
Yummy! My mom used to make them all the time. We dipped them in butter or mayo.
look! you're back in your "real" house!
i'm back from germany and mostly recovered from jetlag. when can we get together?
Looks like lots of hard work! Glad your family liked it:)
Post a Comment