Monday, March 7, 2011

Take a seat.

I was driving down the road and saw these 2 chairs just sitting there all abandoned like and sad looking.

So I made my honey stop and load them up.

He couldn't imagine why I would want them.

But I saw potential.


Even though they would need a lot of work.



I started by taking them all apart and sanding them down to the wood.


Did I mention I did this in the living room? My floor looked like this for 3 weeks or so until I finally moved this project out to the garage.


And enlisted help on the sanding part. Seriously, it takes forever!



Then everything was ready to prime and paint.
*** This was the part of the project I call "getting high"



I had to do something about that nasty fabric also so I started by ripping off the old stuff.




And I measured a new piece. (Notice the stain on the old seat fabric. Awesome)


And I stapled that baby all back together.



Ta da! My new chair. (The other one is still in the primer stage)


Scroll up in case you've forgotten how nasti-fied it was before.


I'm almost tempted to drive by the house that had this out on their curb and show them what they're missing.


Almost.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Someone is an overachiever! I would just stop by Ikea.

Alyssa said...

Wow! That's awesome. It barely looks like the same chair!

Eliza said...

I want one too!

rychelle said...

trash to treasure!

you know how i love this.