So remember a couple of months ago when I was mistakenly diagnosed with Tonsillitis?
Well, turns out that doc wasn't quite as off his rocker as I thought.
My throat has been bothering me again for the past couple of weeks so I went to the doctor (aka wacko dude) and explained what the doctor had told me a couple of months ago about having tonsils despite the fact that mine were removed as a child.
So he takes a look.
His diagnosis?
"Well, you got something back there - are you sure your tonsils were removed?"
Great, wacko dude doesn't know what he's talking about either.
But he sent me to see a specialist.
Repeat explanation about tonsil removal and apparent re-birth of tonsils.
"Well lets take a look."
"OH WOW! YEAH..."
Um, doc? Could you translate please?
"Those are tongue tonsils!"
Huh? Um... huh?
Turns out we all have tongue tonsils as well as the regular ones.
Seriously, even wikipedia confirms it.
Who'da thought?
I guess it's really uncommon for them to get enlarged like I have them.
That would make me special!
Wanna see mine?
*Warning - somewhat disgusting picture of the back of my mouth coming up.
Don't say I didn't warn you!
Aren't you glad you looked?




7 comments:
Ew! and ow! What happens now? Do you get them removed?
Well, I'm just glad it's not a tumor.
i always knew you were *special*. ;)
are they going to remove them?
I had no idea! So what do they do about them?
FREAK!
My mom probably had something like that because she had them removed as a kid and then had problems again in her 20's and their diagnosis: "you're special! they grew back!" Sorry Sara... are they going to remove them again, or what do they do???
who needs a tongue anyway?
Post a Comment