Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm Baaaaaaack!

Another reason I haven't posted in a while is because we finally got around to ripping out our cheap carpet and installing new flooring. Hooray! It looks amazing and I was a lot of hard work, but we're finally finished!
First we had to rip out the old stuff.
Then hire an amazing contractor. (aka: Dad)
PS. He only cost us several Diet Cokes and a couple of bowls of cereal. Awesome!
Put down some padding.

Recruit unsuspecting family members.
Of course breaks were necessary.
Since everyone helped.
Well, almost everyone... Some people just posed for a picture.
No child labor laws were obeyed.
And we celebrated with a gourmet pizza picnic dinner on the new floor.
And even after all that and a very long day, awesome BIL Russell made the time to hook up my amazing new computer. Thanks bro!
This day would not have been possible without the following.
Check out the finished floor.
Here we are on Sunday celebrating our new look.
Coincidentally, that bench is still the only piece of furniture we have to sit on. We got the floor installed in one day, but it obviously is going to take us several weeks to get around to putting all the furniture back.

14 comments:

Eliza said...

That's a great recap of a long day! It turned out great. Someday I'll have nice floors like you.

Kristina P. said...

The floor looks awesome!

Shawna said...

No need for furniture, it looks so bright and airy without any. It looks beautiful!

Barbaloot said...

Looks great! I love floors like that. I vote you never put furniture in:)

Amy said...

It's gorgeous!! I can't believe you got it done in one day?!!

Lacey said...

The floors look great. I love not having carpet in my main living area.

Alyssa said...

Looks great!

Unknown said...

Looks fabulous!

rychelle said...

sara, i'm so sorry i didn't make it over, and i'm sorry i didn't email to see how everything went. i'm the worst friend ever. SORRY! but, i have been thinking about you all week!
i can't wait for our first swiffer party. :)

Jen said...

Nice, and who needs furniture anyway it just collects body dander and the like.

Anonymous said...

yay! It looks awesome!

nevadanista said...

Great job!!! And child labor laws are totally overrated, btw.

BENVANA said...

Looks fabulous! Good thing you had some child labor for those hard to reach nooks and cranies. We put floor like that in our condo living area and it is so much easier to clean and looks more spacious too. If you put the little felt pads on the legs of your furniture it makes it super easy to slide across the floor!

Habs said...

Great picture of you and Alber! You look terrific. I am so jealous of your flooring. I bet it looks fantastic. Must come and visit :)