Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Going Bananas

My honey surprised me the other day by bringing home some bananas.


They hadn't gone bad yet, but someone had accidentally put them in a fridge which of course made them brown.



Like this.





Did I mention he brought home 80 pounds of brown bananas?

80 POUNDS!


How could I have missed such a crucial detail?



What would you do with a lot of brownish bananas?


Here's what I did.


Froze most of them.





Made approximately 100,000 banana cookies.


Around 24,000 banana muffins.



And bread.


Lots and lots of bread.

Who wants some?

Despite my efforts in the kitchen, I still have approximately 70 pounds of bananas left. Anyone is welcome to any and all frozen bananas they would like. Come on by!

8 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Wow---I probly would never attempt to save that many bananas. Good for you:) And the muffins look excellent:)

rychelle said...

pick me! pick me! i want banana bread and banana muffins and banana cookies!

Kristina P. said...

You might turn into monkeys!

Eliza said...

Wow, that's truly a ton of bananas! It looks yummy though. I want some!!!

Stephanie Faris said...

That was nice of him but that's a LOT of bananas! I wouldn't think to bake them into things once they'd turned brown but I'm not very crafty. Basically my kitchen skills all require recipes.

BENVANA said...

wow, that is crazy! I want some of the baked goods, but no thanks on the frozen raw staple. you can make some choco-bananos! yummy

Tiffany said...

I'm so confused. I get why someone ditched the black bananas, but who buys 80 lbs of bananas in the first place? Anyway, I too am willing to relieve you of some banana cookies and/or bread, just because they'd hold up better in the mail than straight up rotten bananas. =)

Habs said...

I love your husband. He is so kind and thoughtful but very much a man!!! 80lbs? WOW.