
** This picture was found on Google Images when I searched "Technology" I thought it was hilarious so that's what I went with.
In the past week I’ve:
* stood outside the manual doors at Target expecting them to open and couldn’t figure out why they wouldn’t.
* tore the house apart looking for the TV remote when the screen was 4 feet from where I was sitting – but I just don’t know how to work those buttons.
* walked out to my honey’s car and frantically pushed the door unlock button on my remote only to remember that his car doesn’t open with my car’s remote.
* looked at my phone to know what day it is.
* started to hyperventilate when the microwave stopped working because I couldn’t figure out how I would make dinner without it.
***Luckily it started working again so no one went hungry.
I decided that I’m waaaaaay too dependent on today’s technology and luxuries – so I’m going to take a step in the past and do the following this week.
- Send a letter in the actual mail. You know, those people who walk around in blue shorts will actually deliver it to your door. If I have your address, you might be the lucky recipient!
- Go into - and stand in line at the bank instead of using the ATM.
- Wash my car myself instead of going through the automatic car wash or paying the nice Mexican guy $15 to detail it.
- Re-use a zip lock bag (that doesn’t have much to do with technology but Mom’s gonna be so proud!)
- Punch in phone numbers when I make a call instead of just looking up the number and hitting send.
- Figure out basic math calculations in my head instead of my phone – and by basic I mean adding and subtracting -- multiplying and dividing will still require the use of a calculator.
- Heat something on the stove that I would’ve normally done in the microwave.
Man, I feel so liberated and independent just making this list! I’m sticking it to the man and showing him(whoever he is) that I’m a functioning adult who can survive in even the most basic of environments.
Who’s with me?
PS. I’m still planning on using my cell phone and computer. I mean, this isn’t the dark ages.
And I'm Back!
16 years ago


6 comments:
Funny! That's a great list. Is it kinda like your bucket list?
P.S. I LOVE getting real letters in the mail, and you already know my address!
My grandma reuses milk jugs. She puts water in them for long road trips. The water tastes like soap and milk. Blech.
What does that picture have to do with technology?! Weird! But I like the letter idea. I'll do that one day...maybe.
the other day i held my hands under a sink faucet, wondering why the water didn't just automatically turn on......
and i love getting mail! ;)
woowoo. Way to go! I'll cheer you on...and keep using my microwave.
so how did you do with this? Are you still coming next month?
Post a Comment