Monday, January 31, 2011

What the deviled egg!

On Saturday my Stake RS put on a activity about the life of Christ and assigned each Ward in the Stake a food stand and had the gym all decorated bazaar-like as if in the time of Christ.

My ward was assigned to bring cheese and deviled eggs. (I'm not positive they had deviled eggs in 30 A.D., but I'm doing some research on the subject)

Deviled eggs - they're kind of an American food item.

It's a good thing I'm American.

In a SPANISH WARD!

And therefore the only one who knew how to make deviled eggs and the only person given the assignment.

Here's what egg prep looked like the night before.


My friend Jen was a life saver! I have no clue how I thought I could do this by myself. Her expertise was greatly needed, and so was her food processor.


I finished prepping in the church kitchen on the day of. Nobody likes soggy or crusty deviled eggs.

(Did I mention that we were supposed to dress as if in the time of Christ?)

Although, I look slightly more like Scarlett Johansson.

If only I could master the sultry lips.


And here is the final product.


The eggs of course were a hit. But so was the bread stand and they totally just bought different types of bread. Is it Christ-like of me to call them cheaters!

6 comments:

Eliza said...

They look yummy! Great job!

Kristina P. said...

I do love deviled eggs. I once had a deviled egg crisis. I could not boil the eggs correctly for the life of me, and so I finally went out and bough pre-boiled eggs. No one was the wiser, until I posted about it on my blog.

My grandmother gave all of grandkids one of those egg cooker machines, and I thought we had gotten rid of it. I found it this year and made deviled eggs for a holiday party. They were perfectly cooked!

Barbaloot said...

They are totally cheaters! And you are totally amazing for doing all that.

Habs said...

Holy Crap that is a lot of eggs. I love that you looked like Scarlett and not a Spanish woman turned Jew.

Habs said...

Holy Crap that is a lot of eggs. I love that you looked like Scarlett and not a Spanish woman turned Jew.

Anonymous said...

Wowie. That's a lot of eggs. Oh. Ashley already said that.

Good job. Now I'm craving deviled eggs.