Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The suspense is killing me!

I'm just a short couple of weeks away from knowing if I'm having a boy (ugh) or a girl(oh please please please!).

I don't really want a boy. (kill me first)

Nothing against people who have boys, or boys in general. I just have no desire to rear a male.

I have a list of reasons why girls are better.

1. I am one
2. Cuter clothes
3. Cute hair bows
4. Better names and way more options
5. Pink clothes!
6. Their diapers smell like flowers

I think you get my point.

So until I find out, please

THINK PINK!



16 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'll be praying for you!

I always wanted little boys. I think they are easier.

It's only recently that I've started to come to terms with being OK with a girl.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am slightly biased, what with us having a girl first and all, but I sure have seen some cute baby boys lately. But you're right. Baby girl clothes are much cuter.

Barbaloot said...

I hope you don't really believe their diapers smell like flowers... And my mama swears little boys are easier to potty train. That being said, I totally hear you on the cute hair and clothes:)

Speaking of my mama, she basically hijacked that amazing pomegranite jelly you sent me. Seriously-she flipped over it and hides it and only brings it out when no one else is home:)

Alyssa said...

Oooh, I'm right there with you! No boys (ever)...PLEASE! :) We'll be thinking pink for you. I'm excited for you to find out either way!

Lacey said...

I too am biased since I have two girls, but one thing that always grosses me out is boy pee. Seriously it smells so weird and once potty trained your bathrooms smell, unless you train them to pee sitting down so they don't pee everywhere.

I'll think pink, but if you do have a boy I'll buy you an air freshener for your bathroom.

Eliza said...

I'd love to have another neice, but a nephew would fit right in too. Whichever, I'm happy for you.

Stacy said...

Sara, who says a boy can't wear a pink dress or a bow in his hair. Either way I will think pink so he won't get confused on why mommy put him in dresses. ;)

Sheree Flick Photography said...

Ha ha ha... we are the complete opposite. We are hoping for a boy but will love it if it's a girl! Good luck, lot's of pink thoughts are headed your way!

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you're not ashamed to say what so many moms are thinking. What with gender equality being so vogue these days, lots of moms pretend that they don't care, or that they would even PREFER a boy. You and I know the truth. Of course, I don't love my boys any less than my girl, but they are definitely less exciting and less helpful and boys are without a doubt harder to potty train. The good news, either way, is that baby pee (boy or girl) doesn't smell bad at all. That can be your consolation if you end up having a boy. =)

rychelle said...

you're going to give it to me if it's a boy, right?

blue! blue! blue!

wink wink

BENVANA said...

The suspense is killin' me too! Do let us know once you find out! pink thoughts

Quists said...

You're SO having a boy. Just thought I'd let you know. :) Hey, I was in the same boat. I have 3 sisters and thought, "What on earth am I supposed to do with a boy?" Imagine my surprise when I found out my 2nd one was a boy too... I KNEW the 2nd one was a girl. Nope. :) All in all though... I LOVE boys and I "get" how to do the boy-raising thing (so far). So NOW, the idea of having a girl in the future freaks me out. :) Either way, I promise you'll be happy. AND, I must say that boy clothes (now adays) are so dang cute too. I see all the pink girl outfits and I'm like, "Aren't ya' sick of pink YET?" I think I'd be one of those moms choosing yellow and lavendar and other girlie colors. :)
Okay, enough rambling. HA HA

tasha herrgott said...

Oh Sara - I just saw this! I'm SOOOO excited for you two! Congrats! Either way, you will be a wonderful mom!

Brian and Shara's beautiful family said...

I was HORRIFIED when I found out I was having a boy with Jackson. I didn't want a boy either. I wanted all girls - I didn't know anything else. I wasn't raised with boys, as you weren't, and I just DID NOT want a boy. Girls are fun and I'd love to have another one, but now, after having one boy - I wouldn't mind having another boy. They are more aggressive but he's more of a momma's boy than KennaDee was and I LOVE that. (at times.) Regardless - I will think pink for you cause I LOVE having an oldest girl. She helps out A LOT!

Blogging and Bliss said...

you totally cursed yourself! All I wanted was boys and then wham first kid was a girl! But you are right they are so much cuter and pink!

Cardalls said...

Okay I am here from Nicole's blog and have to give some props to BOYS! I am having my 4th in May and I love boys! I love my girl too, but boys are super fun...i LOVE being a boy Mommy! And please if it's a boy delete this post so he won't ever see it?? :)