I know I've been as absentee as a ballot lately and I have two very good reasons for it.
1. I'm extremely lazy.
2. I can't access blogger anymore from work... (I think that explains a lot)
I'm going to try to do one grand catch up blog, but don't worry, I'll fill it with pictures to keep you entertained.
Oh, and let me just say thanks for all your pink thoughts and keep them coming. My appointment is next Tuesday. (It's taken longer than I wanted because of all the red tape around the insurance approval and yadda yadda yadda. Can you believe the ultrasound place actually needed a diagnosis (even though they already had the referral) in order to see me. Um... let me see. Diagnosis: Pregnant!)
Next Tuesday is the moment of truth so keep the good(pink) thoughts flowing. Seriously, I'm not one of those people who is fine with whatever I get as long as it's healthy... It'd better be a girl or I'm sending it back! If I don't update you next Wednesday feel free to tar and feather me.
Now for the photo essay of my life lately.
1. Christmas morning.

I realize that I look extremely flattering and slim, and I must apologize to all those who don't naturally look stunning first thing in the morning.
2. Mom and Dad as Vegas tourists.

Ok, so get this, there's actually a guy that walks around this sign since it's a pretty popular spot, and volunteers to take your picture since he's the best around. The reason he's the best is he doesn't cut off the star at the top of the sign which, according to him, is the thing that makes or breaks the picture. Needless to say we decided to risk taking the pictures ourselves, and wouldn't you know it, we cut off the star. Completely ruined and all because we didn't want to tip the guy for taking a picture with our camera. We're so ghetto!
3. And the rest of us... hooray for the star. Now that's what a photo should look like. Thanks to the lady behind us in line who kindly offered and didn't even make us tip her - although obviously she was worth it.

4. The obligatory grand kids picture

Audrey is obviously a huge Survivor "Shambo" fan.
5. The obligatory ma and her girlz shot.

5. Getting custody of my step-son AJ.

6. Getting him much needed glasses.
Before:
(sad face, gee I wish I had a nice pair of thick glasses)

After:
Happy face! Wow, I always thought this was a rock before.
PS. Isn't Shrek getting huge!!!

7. Trying not to set my hair on fire on my birthday cake.

8. Chopping off said hair to avoid all future almost mishaps. Thanks Eliza!

Oh, and the expression on my face is in no way a reflection of my feelings towards my hair. I'm physically unable to take a normal picture of myself.
So there you have it. Exciting times around the Barrios house. I'll try to post more as things are happening so I don't keep you all in suspense. I know you were dying to see some proof that we're all still alive.



5 comments:
I was thinking about you yesterday.
And hey, a boy would be fine! I've always loved little boys. So cute. You would do great.
Fun pictures---I feel for your step-son and his glasses. I was blind as a bat when I was his age!
We finished off the last of your pomegranite jelly last week. It was savored and horded (is that a word?) to the very last drop. So good! If I ever make something yummy that can be sent to Vegas, you're the first person that gets it!
What a great catch up! I'm glad your posts are back. You're funny and I miss reading about what you have to say even if I was at the same place and have the same pictures. A.J. is so adorable!
oooooohhhh, i can't wait to see your new, short haircut this weekend!
It's good to see you back. I can't wait to see what kind of baby you get!!!! I had a dream that our baby was born and it turned out to be a boy...with long hair...that weighed 13.5 lbs. Talk about nightmare!
Post a Comment