Wednesday, December 23, 2009

This is my version of what went down

I had so much fun with this last year, I thought I'd give you all the pleasure again.

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a moose.


The stockings were hung on the wall with great care,

In hopes that presents soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of sugarplums danced in their heads.

Mama in her kerchief and Pa in his hat.

Had just settled down for a long winter's nap.

(He's going to kill me for that one!)
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But lots of snow and 3 tiny reindeer.
(They were actually much larger in real life)
More rapid than eagles his courses they came.
And he whispered and hollered and called them by name.

And then in a twinkling I heard on the roof
The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.

As I drew in my head and was turning around.

I saw some weird pirate dude and he came with a bound.

He had a round face
and a little round belly

that shook when he laughed

Like a bowl full of pomegranate jelly.

I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

6 comments:

Eliza said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheree Flick Photography said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brian and Shara's beautiful family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheree Flick Photography said...

I can see that you have been deleting comments. Have you had people leaving yucky comments too?!?! It makes me so mad when I get those!

I LOVED your version of Twas the Night Before Christmas. So personalized and fun. I have my next appointment on the 14th of Jan. I really think its a boy so I'm hoping they will be able to tell by then. How about you? When are you due and when do you find out what your having??? So exciting isn't it? :)

Eliza said...

Loved it last year and now you're getting into the recycling thing too. Awesome!