One of the best and worst things about our new house was the completely empty backyard. It was awesome because it was a blank slate that we could do whatever we wanted with.
It was terrible because blank slates are expensive.
Really expensive.
Which is why up until this weekend, we've allowed the kids to play and run around in the dirt and rock we called a yard.
The goal has always been to have some grass, and after a lot of digging for the new sprinkler system and drip system we finally got it installed on Saturday.
No thanks to any blog readers - I didn't even get one offer for help after my open invitation last week. Where's the love I ask you?
Here's our "before" shot. It was overcast and drizzling in the morning, so it was perfect for laying sod.
Here's my honey just getting started. I was the official "Sod Deliverer" and worked at bringing the sod from the truck to the backyard so he was constantly supplied.
I didn't take any more "During" pictures. I was too busy getting dirty and loving it.
So we'll skip right to my "After" shots.
Doesn't it look so puuuurty?
That dirt area over to the left is the future home of a swingset. We wouldn't want the kids to play on the soft expensive grass of course. They get the dirt area.



1 comments:
It looks great! Can we have a do-over of the egg hunt? You need to post about your garden and fruit trees too.
Post a Comment