I realized that I haven't been doing my proper motherly bragging updating on all of Sophia's accomplishments in these past 4 months.
I didn't really do a good job of documenting the pregnancy either so I'm not sure why I would assume I would be so much better at recording her life outside the womb.
On that note however, I would like to say that 4 months on the outside is WAY BETTER than 4 months on the inside. Not only does she not make me throw up anymore (turns out I make her throw up now, just goes to show, what goes around comes around...), but I much prefer holding a baby in my arms to holding a baby in my uterus. I think I'll skip that step next time.
So here you have it. Sophia can now:
Smile! Although she's been smiling on demand since 4 weeks so this is nothing new. She's just cuter now since she has more hair.
(Sophia at 4 weeks)
Tell Jokes! She told a zinger once about a cow and an airplane and all the chickens that wanted their oxygen masks... ahhhh, I guess you had to be there.
Dress Herself. Heaven knows I would never put her in a silly flower costume. I even told her that this was too small for her, but she insisted. She'd said the petals bring out the color of her skin and she prefers a pastel pallet since she's a Spring and all.
Solve Long Mathematical Problems. She even figured out that E=MC2 all by herself. I didn't have the heart to tell her that Einstein already mastered that one.
This is her "I'm figuring it out" face. It always helps to have a pencil between your toes while thinking. Try it sometime.
Say "Please", "Thank You", and "Excuse Me". Although she gets a kick out of every time she burps and she'll say "excuse me" while laughing hysterically. Probably has nothing to do with the fact that we laugh hysterically every time she throws out a ginormous burp. Seriously, this girl could hold her own in a belching contest (although she would probably lose because she would roll on the floor laughing after every one).
Practice proper hygiene. She had a spell when she insisted on taking a bath twice daily, but I nixed that fast since she was using up all the hot water. Now she makes do with a nice long bubble bath and insists on reading the latest copy of OK Weekly or People. I let her take as long as she wants but she has to get herself completely clean. She's at the point now where she doesn't even need my help. She's even learned to wash that under- the-chin-sweat-wrinkle that never sees the light of day and starts to smell after about a week.
Sniff Sniff. So Proud!
Command Attention. She's gotten so good at giving people a look. The most common responses are to just stare, cry, laugh or instantly bow down to her.
This is her "you had me at hello" look. The bottom lip even quivers ever so slightly.



6 comments:
She is adorable! I love her little cheeks.
Those smiles are so cute! What an accomplished little girl:)
She's adorable and smart. She'll probally be potty trained before all of my kids.
What a super prodigy! But I'm not surprised, with you as her mom. I love the way you write about motherhood with humor and love, and without coming off obnoxious and excessive, much like the rest of us do. =)
I knew you and Alber would have beautiful kids. Sophie really needs to spend some time with her Auntie. Can you ship her overnight?
Wow. That girl is so cute. I can't believe how much hair she has now!:)
Post a Comment