Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Date Night Guests

My honey and I picked a nice little "hole-in-the-wall" Mexican place for our date night last week.



We really had a treat because we were the ONLY ONES THERE!




Which we interpreted to mean, "Really good food even though they have no other customers!"

So we sat and ordered.

And we were joined by an annoying Mariachi Karaoke singer.

We'll call him Fernando.

Date Night Guest #1.

Fernando wanted to make sure we (his captive audience) had no opportunity to talk during our meal so he cranked up the volume on his little machine and proceeded to belt out Ranchero style music.


(See? I told you there was no one else there)
He even came to our table to make sure he was singing what we wanted to hear. I told my honey to pay him to stop singing. He wouldn't. Sooooo Cheap!

I got used to it after a while and didn't even mind him so much as soon as our second Date night Guest showed up.



Extreme close up: Meet Glen, Date night guest #2.

He was staring at me the entire time.



On a side note, check out that plate. Whole fish, french fries, rice, beans, limes, and a salad with orange slice garnish. Brilliant! I would've never thought to combine all the above. I'm surprised we don't see more of these types of dishes on Iron Chef.

Poor Glen at the end of the meal. I don't know if it's worse to be half eaten or all eaten.


I wonder if Fernando or Glen are maybe the reason there were no other diners...

Nah, I can't see that bothering anyone.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

So, it was actually good?

Anonymous said...

I think we went to the same place for our anniversary. It was in Portland, right? I miss those guys. Good ol' Glen looked like he needed a friend back then too.

Barbaloot said...

I would not want to eat food that was staring at me.

Eliza said...

What did you eat? I think I would have put a napkin over the fish eye. Its creepy.