Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let's get political.

In case you’re living under a rock and haven’t heard:

Elections are coming up.

If you live in Nevada or anywhere even close you will have no doubt heard about these two.

Harry Reid

Sharron Angle

Candidates for Senate

Each of them, according to the other, is the worst thing this country has created since country music.

Sharron Angle has taught me that Harry Reid is an immigrant loving fool who wants to give Viagra to Child molesters and sexual offenders and will raise my taxes and take away my social security benefits.

Harry Reid has taught me that Sharron Angle is a hypocrite who wants to do away with government programs and let Americans fend for themselves, doesn’t want healthcare to cover any health problems, and doesn’t want Nevadans to have jobs.

Hmmmm…. Who to choose when you have such ideal options????

Neither one gives me anything positive to work with.

Remember the good old days when your high school class president promised longer lunches, a soda machine the cafeteria, and an extra day off a year?

Neither of those candidates has promised me anything, they spend too much time telling me what the other is going to do.

I’ve come up with a solution.

I would like to announce my candidacy for Senate.

How does the senate work again? Is that the one that is based on the population of the state or is the one where each state gets someone, or am I completely off my rocker and it doesn’t have anything to do with either? I can totally hear my more polically inclined friends groaning right now.

It doesn’t matter though.
I’d like to run for Senate.

This is my promise.

If you elect me, I will make sure that fountain Diet Coke machines are installed in every gas station and restaurant.

I will give everyone paid Fridays off.

I will make healthcare free for everyone.

I will eliminate all State taxes. (If I were ever elected President I’d work on the federal stuff)
Houses will no longer foreclose as everyone will want to move here to have Fridays off our housing market will boom again.

The unemployed can work installing Diet Coke machines everywhere; therefore, I will eliminate unemployment.

Children will laugh and play again as I propose all city parks install huge fans with air conditioning for the hot summer months. (Unemployed can install those too)

I will build more schools so the student: teacher ratio is 2:1 and therefore we will have the best education in the nation. Also a reason why people will flock here and our housing market will boom.

I will build a Disney-themed park since driving 3 hours is just too far to go for Disneyland.

Do I have your vote???

I’m Sara, candidate for Senate, and I approve this message.


10 comments:

tiffany said...

yes you have my vote

Kristina P. said...

I am immediately moving to Vegas.

Anonymous said...

I'd move to Nevada just so I could vote for you!

rychelle said...

you had me at disney!

you've got my vote!!!

Kristen Brady said...

You totally have my vote!

Barbaloot said...

If only I lived in Nevada...

Eliza said...

Can I have Root Beer next to the Diet Coke?

Kent and Ashley said...

Sara, you are ridiculous! Please do not vote for Harry Reid. I believe he and Nancy Pelosi are the spawn of Satan.

Quists said...

I. Love. You. You are so funny and I need that.

Tiffany said...

That's the best thing I've read in a long time! Besides holy writ, of course. =) If you're not elected, you should at least run for Coolest Person in the State of Nevada. Or invent that position if it doesn't exist and then run. You're a shoe-in, I tell ya.